XBMC is Crashing
Hello,

I jail broke my apple tv2 using the untethered method. I installed nito tv, and through nito tv I installed XBMC with the updatebegone function. Everything worked fine until last night. Now when I click on XBMC my screen goes black and the apple tv2 homepage reappears. Consequently, I can no longer get into XBMC.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Ive already tried the following:

- updated nito tv

- removed and re installed XBMC

ThanksSmile
floresma Wrote:Hello,

I jail broke my apple tv2 using the untethered method. I installed nito tv, and through nito tv I installed XBMC with the updatebegone function. Everything worked fine until last night. Now when I click on XBMC my screen goes black and the apple tv2 homepage reappears. Consequently, I can no longer get into XBMC.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Ive already tried the following:

- updated nito tv

- removed and re installed XBMC

ThanksSmile

try reading the FAQ first.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...Q#Crashing
update to latest nightly build: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._2#Nightly

and definitely read that FAQ.
* davilla bets a corrupted video database. Any takers ?
Thanks Jester,

I followed your link and used the command to remove my database and then I rebooted.

And then life got betterSmile

ThanksSmile
Hi,

I jailbroke my ATV2 on 4.4.3 (tethered) and installed the latest XBMC nightly build. There is no other plug-ins such as NitoTV. I am having the same problem - when I click on XBMC my screen goes black and the ATV2 homepage reappears. I tried troubleshooting as Jester suggested but could not make sense of it as I am totally new to the jailbreaking stuff.

Suggestion, anybody?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Need debug log. FAQ will tell you how to post it.
XBMC was working OK for me until a couple of nights ago but then started bombing out to the home screen (i.e. an immediate crash to a black screen before the ATV2 home screen re-appeared). The only difference between the last working date and the crash date was the auto-update of several addons.

I updated to a nightly build but the same thing kept happening. I then decided to delete my entire XBMC preferences folder (all my addons - everything) and re-install the nightly build. It meant reinstalling my repositories and addons again, which was a bit of a pain but less so than having no XBMC.

Wow! Everything worked - and faster than it did before. I'm in the UK and use the iPlayer plugin; previously high-def streams stuttered but now they play flawlessly.

I know this doesn't identify the source of the crash, but I would suggest a clean-out followed by a fresh install if you have a similar problem. It worked wonders for me and is sometimes the only way to rid yourself of residual crud.
gegs Wrote:...I updated to a nightly build but the same thing kept happening. I then decided to delete my entire XBMC preferences folder (all my addons - everything) and re-install the nightly build. It meant reinstalling my repositories and addons again, which was a bit of a pain but less so than having no XBMC...

Would you mind walking me through what you did? In particular, how did you delete your xbmc preferences folder? Where is it located? Thanks.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...Q#Userdata
Ned Scott Wrote:Need debug log. FAQ will tell you how to post it.

Here it is:

2011-12-12 23:56:13.345 Seas0nPass[693:807] already migrated
2011-12-12 23:56:27.016 Seas0nPass[693:807] last used bundle: AppleTV2,1_4.4.3_9A405l
2011-12-12 23:56:27.099 Seas0nPass[693:807] new tethered boot!
No matching processes belonging to you were found
No matching processes belonging to you were found
2011-12-12 23:56:48.952 Seas0nPass[693:6703] iBSS upload successful! Reconnecting in 10 seconds...
2011-12-12 23:57:11.383 Seas0nPass[693:6703] iBEC upload successful! Reconnecting in 10 seconds...
2011-12-12 23:57:11.384 Seas0nPass[693:6703] resetting irecovery device
2011-12-12 23:57:21.706 Seas0nPass[693:6703] reconnecting irecovery device
2011-12-12 23:57:33.498 Seas0nPass[693:6703] changing interface?
2011-12-12 23:57:33.631 Seas0nPass[693:6703] sending kernelcache
2011-12-12 23:57:34.428 Seas0nPass[693:6703] bootx
Initializing libpois0n
Device must be in DFU mode to continue
opening device 05ac:1227...
Checking the device type
Preparing to upload limera1n exploit
Resetting device counters
Sending chunk headers
Sending exploit payload
Sending fake data
libusb:error [darwin_transfer_status] transfer error: timed out
Exploit sent
Reconnecting to device
Waiting 2 seconds for the device to pop up...
libusb:error [darwin_close] USBDeviceClose: no connection to an IOService
Waiting 10 seconds for the device to pop up...
libusb:error [darwin_close] USBDeviceClose: no connection to an IOService
Waiting 10 seconds for the device to pop up...
opening device 05ac:1281...
Setting to configuration 1
Setting to interface 0:0
libusb:error [get_endpoints] error getting pipe information for pipe 1: unknown error
libusb:error [darwin_set_interface_altsetting] could not build endpoint table
Setting to interface 1:1
Setting to interface 0:0
libusb:error [get_endpoints] error getting pipe information for pipe 1: unknown error
libusb:error [darwin_set_interface_altsetting] could not build endpoint table
Setting to interface 1:1
Exiting libpois0n

Thanks!
TopKnife Wrote:Here it is:

---SNIPPPPPP------
Exiting libpois0n

Thanks!

2 things.

1. Post logs to pastebin.com and put the link here to not spam the threads with annoying long scrollers
2. This is definitly not a log we request per our FAQ

2.5 *grin*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
TopKnife Wrote:Would you mind walking me through what you did? In particular, how did you delete your xbmc preferences folder? Where is it located? Thanks.

First of all I removed XBMC (do it from Nito TV or from atvFlash "Manage Extras" if you have atvFlash installed).

Next I used WinSCP to SSH into the Apple TV. WinSCP is free to use if you have Windows; I don't know a Mac equivalent. log in with 'root@ATV2-IP-ADDRESS' substituting your ATV2's IP address in the appropriate place. You should then be asked for a password. The default is 'alpine'.

You should now be presented with a two pane file manager interface, the left being your local machine and the right being the ATV2.

Browse to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC on the ATV2 and delete all the contents in this folder. Then go up a level and delete the XBMC folder.

Now install XBMC and any addon repositories and plugins. I would recommend installing the nightly build after first installing the Cydia version. You would do this using Putty (on Windows) or an equivalent SSH program for the Mac. If you don't know how to use Putty, Google is your friend.

Instructions to install the nightly build are here: http://bit.ly/rnzyXb
Maetrik Wrote:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...Q#Userdata

Thanks for the link.

I got into "/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences" folder using Filezilla but I didn't find anything that says XBMC. I am getting more and more confused Huh
gegs Wrote:Next I used WinSCP to SSH into the Apple TV. WinSCP is free to use if you have Windows; I don't know a Mac equivalent.
Best way to SSH into the ATV2 from a Mac is just to use Terminal (in Applications/Utilities).

TopKnife Wrote:Thanks for the link.

I got into "/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences" folder using Filezilla but I didn't find anything that says XBMC. I am getting more and more confused Huh
There's your problem Wink That's where XBMC resides. If it's not there............
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC is Crashing0