Screen Resolution Decrease?
Hello!

I'm new to XMBC and loving every bit of it so far. Still working on getting things off the ground seamlessly, however I notice an issue when I close XBMC.

I normally have the screen resolution set to 1360x768 and when I close XMBC it automatically adjusts down to 720x480Huh

It can be frustrating as I have to manually go back into the graphics settings and adjust it back up again.

I'm currently running Windows XP Pro 32-bit SP3, on a P4 3 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 512 ATI Radeon HD 5450 video card via HDMI to a 42" Panasonic Plasma

Any ideas?

Thanks
You mean after you close xbmc your desktop resolution changes from what it was when you launched xbmc? On your tv or on your monitor? Do you have a tv and monitor connected at the same time?

I assume you have the latest vid card drivers?
Yes, desktop resolution changes in Windows...

Video card drivers are all updated, and I have it outputted to my TV only via HDMI.
Why are you using 1360x768? what is the native resolution of your tv? if it is a 1080p tv, you should probably have both the computer and xbmc resolution set to 1920x1080. If 720p then try set both to 1280x720.

Not sure why this would be happening. I am using the same vid card, but have a 1080p projector. My desktop resolution never changes.
Would it be possible that there is a native setting in WinXP to default back to 720x480?
No. I don't think so. The operating system does not care about the resolution, it is the monitor and video card that determines which resolutions are available.

Again, have you tried using either the 1080p or 720p (depending on what your tv is) resolution in both windows and xbmc?
That's strange. A debug log may help.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
What would be the 720p setting on the video card?

The TV only does 720p/1080i.

CrystalP - I'd be happy to submit a log... How do I do it?
have XBMC use a fullscreen window instead of true fullscreen...worth a shot

Not sure what you mean by having XMBC use a fullscreen window instead of a true fullscreen....?

Also, forgot to mention that the screen resolution resets itself as well when the PC is booted. For example, if I shut the PC down the resolution will decrease when it is restarted again, and I have to change it to 1280x720.

Any ideas?

I'll try that log if someone explains how to track it.
... bump!
Ridger111 Wrote:Also, forgot to mention that the screen resolution resets itself as well when the PC is booted. For example, if I shut the PC down the resolution will decrease when it is restarted again, and I have to change it to 1280x720.

I would guess that Windows thinks the display can't handle 1280 x 720. This sounds to me like a funny with the video driver.

JR
Hmmmm...

Do you think this could be a faulty video card? Or is it likely just a driver issue?
I've had the same thing happen with my gt430 card. Setting Full Screen Window seemed to stop it but I still get lock ups from time to time. I'm still trying to investigate that.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Do you mean full screen window in XMBC? How do I set that?

To me it seems to be an issue with either Windows/video card/monitor (tv), and the way they behave together...

If it was only occurring when XMBC was closed, we could narrow it to the program... However the same thing occurs when I boot up the PC from being off.

Any thoughts/comments?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen Resolution Decrease?0