Library Not Detecting New Files
As I mentioned, I'm new to all of this and might have missed something in the setup instructions... but I have added my video and tv show source within XMBC and set the scrappers up to initially scanned them...

When I add new files to the Windows Explorer folder, XMBC doesn't seem to auto-detect them at all and add them to the library, or download the scrapper info/background etc.

Is there some setting or structure I'm missingHuh
You need to set the scan library on start up option. You can also manually scan. When viewing your movies hit c and select scan library (or something of that nature).
Thanks Foghat.

I have the scan 'library on start up' option on, and I have tried the manual scan too as you have suggested.

I cleaned up the folders as there was some extra folders that may have been causing issues. That allowed me to view the movie in non-library mode, however when I switch it over to library mode it is still not listed.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Naming conventions are pretty important. Closer to the IMDB movie name the better. Check the Wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_Library

Go into the file view and right click on the movie - then select Movie Information. If that pulls up the movie it should show in your library.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
xbmc uses folder names for movie title looks unless you decide to change it. your folder names should follow the following format;

MovieName (Year)

avoid dashes in folder names as the scrapers seem to choke on folder names with dashes in.

in files mode if you bring up the context menu and select "movie information", and the movie is unmatched, it will prompt you for a search string to use. this way you can edit the movie name sent to the scraper. however this is more fiddly than properly formatting your folder names to begin with.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Not Detecting New Files0