HD Video AND Audio
So we have nice HW Accelerated video in the PVR ppas for the ATI cards, and the new AudioEngine branch that's in development can do 7.1 DTS-MA and True-HD sound.

I don't suppose these will be available as a combined package soon?

Seeing as AE needs to be compiled.. is it possible to combine the source of both the pvr and AE and compile a version that has both audio and video in HD? (probably a pipe dream but I'm not a programmer so thought I'd ask)

Cheers
Hmmm... 73 reads and no replies. is it because its a stupid question or is it because no one knows?
it's a combination Wink

since you have the source, ofc you can combine it. how much work it will be is an open question, likely a lot.
Something many of us are looking forward to for sure. Development on AE seems to have stopped in September, so might be quite some time. But it bodes well for XBMC's future if dev continues. Big Grin
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Update: Go to the last few pages of the AudioEngine topic started by gnif. Member dado added a link PVR and AudioEngine branches Cool

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78289&page=80 Post 798.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Video AND Audio0