Video now playing.
I am using the dec 9th build.

I had this happen before with another movie however now it is happening with a different one. From what I can tell the similarity is that they are .mkvs.

http://pastebin.com/ZQkxRGAB

The screen simply turns black for a second then it goes right back to the normal menu.

Any suggestions would be great.

Edit: Messed up title if any mod could edit.
Does the film play if you copy it to the local disk, or use SMB instead of NFS?

JR
Yes it does from local disk.
I noticed an NFS error in your log, but I don't know the NFS code well enough to know if the error matters. However, since the video plays from the hard disk it's obviously an NFS problem. I vaguely recall someone else reporting a similar error recently.

Is the offending video downloadable from anywhere? The chaps working on the NFS support might be interested.

JR
Not really, but I will try to find an example.

edit: I am actually having a hard time finding an example since any file I can find that are downloadable work.

I compared the media info and a file that works and a file that doesn't seems to be nearly identical.

http://pastebin.com/VwgCtqv5 this is one that does not work.

Also I should mention, I did in the other thread. These files will play over NFS to ATV2s just fine.

I will continue to look for a sample.
I am having same problem with the dec9/10 builds, NFS from Windows 7 is flaky, the videos play from ATV2 fine. The movie will play on the windows box if I switch to a samba share.
I am just waiting for the nightlies to start up again to see if anything changes and then maybe I'll try to pinpoint the problem.
The NAS is Synology which also got an update at the end of November so that might be issue as well.
I haven't been able to figure anything further out except that it has happened on more videos.
If anyone can offer any further diagnosis paths I am willing to put in the effort to help. I just personally don't know enough to figure anything out myself.
double post, sorry
Alright just did some further testing and the iOS version of XBMC worked fine also. Seems to be something to do with how windows is handling the nfs? or is that all internal to xbmc? I am going to try and install a nfs client.
Same problem with nightly dec9/10 and beta 1. This is the error I see in the log:

20:12:03 T:3544 ERROR: XFILE::CFileNFS::Read - Error( -22, pread call failed with "NFS: Read failed with NFS3ERR_INVAL(-22)" )
TRAC ticket opened... 12351

Very Important if you want this fixed...
Post that you are also having the same problem, in the TRAC ticket I opened, to let the dev's know this is a wide spread issue, not just isolated to me.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
What build did you go back to get NFS to work?

I'm using SMB but HD videos are just not smooth at all.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video now playing.0