eden beta T and artist slideshow
Hi Ronnie

How do i ge the above to work, I have enabled artist slideshow but when I'm on the homescreen, all i get is the disc image with spinning cd, but no artwork, i would like it to display different images as i listen to the artist

Cheers

Paul
there's two slideshow options in T!
  • slideshow - fanart
  • slideshow - last.fm

which one are you using?

they both should work on the homescreen,
so check if you haven't disabled them:
Settings > Skin Settings > Home screen > Hide visualisation background
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
im using the slideshow fanart!!
k, tell me a bit about your setup,
do you have a fanart.jpg image in the artist folder?
are you using extrafanart?
are you playing music in filemode or librarymode?

post a Debug Log and i'll have a look..
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi Ronnie

My music is on an external drive along with movies it all works fine, i use library mode, but i just like using the home screen, where i can see the fanart in the background as well as the spinning disc, i would like to have the background change with the artist slidshow, I have slideshow fanart enabled, but i just the image that downloaded when i scanned the collection.

Paul.
well, the slideshow will only work if you have an extrafanart folder with multiple fanart images in the artist directory.
Ahh that explains that, what if i use last fm slide showHuh If I select that all i get is the disc icon on the homescreen but no background fanart, Is possible to have fanart rotate for a particular artist?? I have artist slideshow set to download from last fm as well as htpc backdrops. i have set image width and height to 250, as well as download additional artist information, do I need to change the default scrapper from all music to last fm for this to have effectHuh

Thanks

Paul
currently (i need to change this is the near future) the last.fm slideshow is only started when you switch to the fullscreen visualization window.

so try that, wait a few secs for the fanart to show up, then exit to the homescreen and it should also be showing there.
cheers ronnie will try that, and thanks for all your help and producing the best skin, just downloading to my atv2 hopefully it works smooth on that as well.

Paul :}
Ronnie

I cant seem to get this working. If im Library mode I can see the fanart for the artist, however if i go to player then there is no fanart, i then make sure i have last fm slideshow selected, but all i get is the spinning disc. If I select fanart i get the image of the artist in all modes including the home screen, Im pretty sure its me I must be missing a setting.

Paul
hmmm... if you want to use the last.fm slideshow,
you'll have to install script.artistslideshow.

i think that could be missing at your end.
i have artist slideshow ver 1.1.4 installed and it's enabled in addons!!
alright, the i'm gonna need a Debug Log..

make sure last.fm slideshow is enabled, start playing some music, switch to the fullscreen visualization screen and stay there for a minute or so.

get me a Debug Log of that and i'll see if i can figure out what's going wrong.
ok ron i will do that, i have enabled debug logging in xbmc that was easy but cant find the file on my mac. I found an article on it but cant seem to find that path on my mac wondering if its different as I have lion

I think I figured it out, hopefully this is what you need

http://pastebin.com/sgtrLBfH

Paul
Paulkai Wrote:ok ron i will do that, i have enabled debug logging in xbmc that was easy but cant find the file on my mac. I found an article on it but cant seem to find that path on my mac wondering if its different as I have lion

I think I figured it out, hopefully this is what you need

http://pastebin.com/sgtrLBfH

Paul

hehe, got it:
Code:
23:56:47 T:2956513280   DEBUG: Using proxy http://:8080
you have a proxy server enabled in xbmc.
disable it in Settings > Network > Internet access

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
eden beta T and artist slideshow0