• 1(current)
Release PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC
Wink 
PlayIt service : Web browser extension or Android App [PlayIt service client] send URL -> PlayIt Service [installed on XBMC] connects to website to retrieve media info -> XBMC player plays the video.

Andriod App by Liran DOWNLOAD. today! Please don't forget to rate, Laugh obviously 5 stars.

Introducing a way to use this service from iOS browser and many more browsers.
Checkout PlayIt bookmarklet service made by Readas.

Download XBMC service add-on PlayIt.

GREAT GUIDE ON HOW TO USE ACESTREAM with RaspBMC

How it works:
[LIST=7]
[*]Install aj add-ons XBMC repository.
[*]Install PlayIt service add-on from aj add-ons on XBMC
[*]Restart XBMC. A prompt will appear: PlayIt service started
[*]Download and install PlayIt Safari or Firefox or Chrome Extension
[*]Set XBMC IP Address in Safari Extension. Match port number on both PlayIt XBMC service add-on and service client. Default port: 8181
[*]Test service: open any YouTube video link [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYGIjbR6Jn4], click on PlayIt icon available besides safari URL input-box.
[*]Playback should start now on XBMC, no need to be on same page on safari browser.
[/LIST]

How to enable Growl notifications displayed by PlayIt browser extensions:
  • Safari extension : Download GrowlSafariBridge.webplugin and copy it to ~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/
  • Firefox extension : Haven't found one working. Please let me know if anyone has any idea. Otherwise refer extension console to check extension activity.
  • Chrome extension : HTML5 notifications are enabled, stays for 3 seconds. AUTO - UPDATE feature added in v2.1

New features in browser extensions:
  • Context menu item. When right click on any link, an option for PlayIt on XBMC will be available.
  • PlayIt Frame View -> enables a way to push frame and embedded video URL to XBMC.

Video hosting website url supported:
  • Dailymotion [video + playlist]
  • SoundCloud
  • Vevo
  • DivXStage
  • Facebook
  • HostingBulk
  • HostingCup
  • Movshare
  • Novamov
  • Veoh
  • VidBux
  • Videobam
  • Videobb
  • VideoWeed
  • Videozer
  • VidXden
  • Vimeo
  • Vioku
  • YouTube [video + playlist]
  • Zalaa
  • ZShare
  • Veevr
  • StageVU
  • vplay.ro
  • LOT MORE courtesy URL Resolver..

Read DISCLAIMER before using the add-on.
AJ
My Repo link: http://code.google.com/p/apple-tv2-xbmc/
I see very less number of downloads so far for PlayIt, it may be because most of you guys are using other than Safari browser. I am working on Firefox extension to implement service client. Please provide suggestions if you have any?
ajay Wrote:it may be because most of you guys are using other than Safari browser

I think that is most likely the biggest reason right there. I personally use firefox so I look forward to when you have a client for it.
Interesting plugin. Need to see what is on my Mac currently as I have a safari extension that already can push video though AirPlay.
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
ajay Wrote:I see very less number of downloads so far for PlayIt, it may be because most of you guys are using other than Safari browser. I am working on Firefox extension to implement service client. Please provide suggestions if you have any?

It's a good add-on, I would like to see Chrome support as well. I haven't created any chrome plug-in, but I can help with chrome plug-in.
bnevets27 Wrote:I think that is most likely the biggest reason right there. I personally use firefox so I look forward to when you have a client for it.

Firefox plugin is now available. You can download it from my google repository page. Please share how was your experience. This is a beta release, there is a lot to work upon.
I'm browsing your source and I'm wondering - you claim Airplay-like functionality (and you market your browser extensions under that slogan with the green description beside their name), however you maintain a list of stream extractors for a specific number of sites, right? So .... do you utilize Airplay in any way (meaning that the service would not be needed to play since Airplay is available in both XBMC for iOS and genuine iOS) or you just throw the url from the browser to the service and rely on the extracted stream url to play with XBMC ?
ATV2 4.3 8F455 Seas0npassed / XBMC 11
Samsung HT-P70 5.1 / Samsung WS-32Z419P
macf1an Wrote:I'm browsing your source and I'm wondering - you claim Airplay-like functionality (and you market your browser extensions under that slogan with the green description beside their name), however you maintain a list of stream extractors for a specific number of sites, right? So .... do you utilize Airplay in any way (meaning that the service would not be needed to play since Airplay is available in both XBMC for iOS and genuine iOS) or you just throw the url from the browser to the service and rely on the extracted stream url to play with XBMC ?

This isn't my add-on slogan. I know it is totally different from airplay and I am not using airplay functionality.The airplay is used as label or keyword to let search results find whats new in this field "Trigger the Playback of a video on XBMC remotely". I think it has created confusion, I have updated the statements that would help you understand what it does. IMP: I am not marketing anything, I made it for myself and thought its worth sharing. Never expected a single penny in donation.
Hi,

Where is that safari extension? I can see the icon next to my address bar but i can't put an ip address in it.
FreeFighter Wrote:Hi,

Where is that safari extension? I can see the icon next to my address bar but i can't put an ip address in it.

Select Safari Menu -> Preferences -> Extensions -> PlayIt
OK, thanks

I know my ip address since i use cyberduck and can get on my aTV2 without problem, but clicking while playing your example gave me network error telling me to check network settings again.

Also tried pinging from terminal seems to work, so it's not my ip address.

Could it be port related? i left both on 8181, usually here it's 8080 from my internet provider
FreeFighter Wrote:OK, thanks

I know my ip address since i use cyberduck and can get on my aTV2 without problem, but clicking while playing your example gave me network error telling me to check network settings again.

Also tried pinging from terminal seems to work, so it's not my ip address.

Could it be port related? i left both on 8181, usually here it's 8080 from my internet provider
Have you yet installed PlayIt Service add-on on XBMC? Have you restarted XBMC after installing service? For apple tv2, there is no need to specify IP address, default value = apple-tv2.local will work.
Ah, i'll restart the apple tv then.
ztas Wrote:It's a good add-on, I would like to see Chrome support as well. I haven't created any chrome plug-in, but I can help with chrome plug-in.

Working Chrome extension on the first post link. If you made it, thanks.
While I still haven't tried this plugin as I am temporarly (hopefully) without Internet at home, let me say right away a huge thank you for this!!!

I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to 'airplay' (not apple-literally) a Youtube video from my laptop to the TV and it seems the day as finally come Big Grin
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC11