24p issues - Dharma 10.1 Win7 x64 ATI
I recently changed from win7 32bit to win7 x64. During the process I updated to latest ATI video drivers etc. (I'm using integrated Radeon 4200 video).

Now I'm having problems with full screen video that I've not had before.

OLD:
- Dharma 10.1
- Set the overscan setting in the video driver to "0" fill the screen.
- Set "adjust display refresh to match video" in xbmc to ON
- Set "sync playback to display" in xbmc to ON
- Set TV to film mode (24hz)

When launched, the indicated display (on tv) for windows applications and xbmc was at 1080p and when a video was launched in xbmc the TV would automatically sync to it, indicate "1080p 24hz", and the video would play in full screen right to the bezel. No jerky playback etc, just smooth video. When the video stopped, the tv indicated "1080p" and the display would remain filling the screen for whatever apps I was using.

NEW:
- Dharma 10.1
- Same settings as above
- Changed OS to win7, 64
- Updated video drivers (cannot go back)

Set the overscan to 0 in ATI/AMD driver to fill the screen. System performs the same UNTIL I launch a video. At that point the screen size shrinks to underscan by about 7%. TV indicates 24hz, but the video plays in that underscanned mode. When I stop the video, the display (for xbmc AND windows apps) stays in that underscanned mode. When I go back into the video driver the scaling setting has reverted back from 0 setting to 7. I can reset the overscan to 0 in the driver and the display is once again filled, but as soon as I play a video in xbmc it happens again. Why?

I can force the vid card to output 1080p 24hz, and the issue goes away. But I never had to do that before. I'm also finding the video is not as smooth as it used to be. Mouse seems to be laggy too. (I'm not sure how to post a log)

Thoughts on how to get back the quality I had (without going to back to win7 32bit)?

TTG
Found this thread, but cannot figure out to change the underscan option for every refresh rate... anyone?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ull+screen
Solved - although I'm not sure its the best solution. Reverted back to an old Catalyst driver, from June 2010.

- Uninstalled existing driver using the original installation file, then selecting "uninstall" instead of install.

- Then booted into safe mode and used DriverSweeper.exe to remove any traces of AMD/ATI video drivers (there are a lot).

- Then installed the older version of the driver and CCC.

- Set options for scaling by right clicking on the icon for the display in the video driver (it's not intuitive). Added modes 1080p60hz and 1080p24hz and adjusted underscan for them.

Back to normal. Not sure what other benefits I may have lost because of the regression but happy to be functional.

TTG

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
24p issues - Dharma 10.1 Win7 x64 ATI0