Asus EB 1501P with Atom D525 and ION 2
Hello everybody,

I would like to ask you on your opinion on the following configuration:

I would like to buy Asus eee box 1501P computer to my living room. It will have D525 Dual core Atom processor (1.8GHz) with ION2 graphic card and 2 GB ram.

I would like to watch movies (1080p mkv + DTS) on my TV using HDMI.

I would like to have win7 32 or 64bit with XBMC.

Is this configuration enough for watching movies without chopping or any other bad things for watching movies?

I think, it will be enough, but it doesn't look like that in link below (1:20min):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pur-WDGSkCo

Thank you for your response.
I'm quite pleased with the eb1501 (non-P, Atom 330, ION1). I have close to no frame drops, a lot depends on the xbmc version. I'm building my own nightly (pre-eden) and it works really well.
That setup should be fine. I use a Revo 3610, which is slower than your system, and it's fine. You may find problems if you use wireless networking. The WLAN card in my Revo should in theory be able to stream 1080p, but in practice it's too slow. Mind you, the Revo has a cheap and nasty WLAN card.

JR
Thank you guys...

I would like to play movies from HDD, but in another room I wanna have appleTV which will stream movies from Asus over wifi... But if I will need better wifi connection, I can still buy another USB wifi dongle.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus EB 1501P with Atom D525 and ION 20