Music Genre
I have done a quick search and did not find an answer. Sorry if this is an old subject...

I have been testing and tweeking XMBC for several months now and ready to start nailing down a whole home system. The first thing I want to tackle is the Music section. I have my library in order but I find a rather large diversty of Genre in XBMC. I am unsure if this is by default or if it was generated by my original scan of my library. ( I have since cleaned up the Genre Tag section of my library). Is there some way to trim down the Genre Selections in XBMC or Clean it and have it represent only the Genre's that are available in the scanned Library?

Thanks all for your development and support !
Thanks
It's more a function of what the scraper(s) provide. And yes, it's a sore point almost to the point of useless for the anal-retentive genre fan like me lol.

In short, XBMC itself doesn't have a set list of genres you can edit or limit the scrapers to. They're just provided by the scraper and XBMC puts them in the database.

You can do a little to clean it up with SQLLite Spy - there's threads on the forum that give more info, but be careful not to trash your db.

Another option is some of the web-based db interfaces written by users here. Search the forum for database web interfaces.

Good luck!
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thanks for your reply ! Just needed to know what I was up against. Now I have a mission Smile.

I get a nose bleed from High Blood looking through the Genre's. In a perfect world, only the genre's in the collection selectable by Artist, Album or Song.... Makes sense to me since I tag them that way. But I guess a chacun son gout.
Glad I could (sorta) help Cool
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Genre0