Artwork/FanArt not showing correctly
Question 
Hi Guys!

I'm new to the forum & XBMC. I'm having an issue where my Apple TV XBMC isn't displaying any artwork or the fan art correctly. I've used Ember Media Manager like a friend suggested to scrape it all together, but it does not showing any artwork & the fan art isn't what I've chosen.

I found a similar thread about this on another forum saying that I should use SMB to connect to my hard drives, which I have. But still it's not working.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue or if there is a fix to this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Big Grin
This might be an issue if atv2 does not have write rights on the destination drive(happens sometimes with FTP) so SMB is a best bet for this reason.
In your case I think it could not save the fanart you have selected to the settings file or to the remote location. Try switching the protocol.
Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob at this. What do I need to switch to protocol & how do I go about it?

Thanks again for your help
Hopefully not an obvious reply, and sorry if you have already done this or know this info. Have you tried re-scraping in XBMC to pickup your local artwork? Even if you have local artwork in place, XBMC will not pick that up automatically. You still need to "scrape" to get it to appear. For example, from your library select "Update library". A note, if you already have artwork (e.g scraped from within XBMC using IMDB) you will need to go into each individual movie and do a Refresh. XBMC will tell you that local artwork exists and ask if you want ignore that and scrape from the net. You need to select "No" and XBMC will then use the local artwork. In my case I had a lot of movies (100s) which already had scraped info from the net (sometimes incorrectly), and I wanted that replaced with local artwork, so I chose to delete the relevant movie and music database file(s) and start the scrape again (doing this picks up local first). Hope that helps.
gman1, you are a genius! I didn't even know these options were there. I don't think it's grabbing the ones in the folder, but it's letting me choose the ones I want. Which is just fine in my eyes.

Thank you so much. This really helps Smile

The only thing it doesn't seen to do is grab the certificate i choose. I'm in the UK, but it's using the the US certificates. Not sure how to get around that one?
I've figured out what the issue was. Basically I was connecting to my hard drive using SMB, but since I'm running Lion & also since Apple changed the way SMB works in it, XBMC doesn't like it. So now I've connected using AFP & XBMC see's all the information, plays my movie files (which using SMB it didn't) & I can see all the artwork & fan art.

So if anyone else reading this thread has the same issue, this is what fixed it for me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork/FanArt not showing correctly0