XBMC doesnt see shares until opened in finder
I'm running Eden beta on a 2011 Mac Mini and have media on 2 drives in a Dlink DNS323 Nas. When the PC is started XBMC can't see the dlink shares and gives "network not available" and "operation timed out" errors. If I close XBMC and open finder the DNS 323 shares are there and can be opened and if I then reopen XBMC the shares work fine. The problem seems to have started since upgrading to Eden beta from a previous nightly.
Any help much appreciated.
need xbmc.log with debugging turned on, and posted to pastebin.com and not directly to the forums
Does this only happen during a reboot/out of sleep/hibernation? Or all the time?

No idea about MACs, but it sounds similar to an issue with Windows. Sometimes the network shares don't connect on reboot/sleep. Clicking the shares in Windows explorer connects to the shares, and then XBMC can see the shares.

On the MAC, before you go into the shares, does it show you if they are connected or not?

Again, no idea if this is the cause... it just sounds similar seeing as you have to go into the Finder, open the shares, then they work from XBMC.
...DJVege...
HTPC: G840 + GT430 + 2GB RAM + 30GB SSD
Remote: iPad/iPhone + iRule + USB-UIRT // FireFly RF Remote
Software: XBMC Eden + Eventghost + Win7
Thanks for the responses. Am away from home for a few days, will post debug log at end of week.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC doesnt see shares until opened in finder0