GUI Rendering problem
I have been using XBMC for around 3 years now. Tonight I decided to repurpose a crappy old Windows PC to be a second HTPC for my upstairs TV.

No matter what I do, the GUI looks like this:
http://www.2shared.com/photo/tsrc7IOU/xbmc-issue.html

You can see that the menu items are clipped and the top right content box is completely mangled.

I have tried different skins, same thing. Windowed/full screen, same thing. If I go windowed and make the window really tall and fairly skinny, I can get it to show me the menu items, but otherwise, they're clipped/cropped to be completely unreadable. I have tried different screen resolutions too and that didn't work Anyone come across anything like this before? Help would be much appreciated. I can live without the GUI as I will be able to manipulate everything via my iPad and XBMC commander, but it would be nice to be able to see the menus to do initial setup!!!
I can maybe try to play with the true fullscreen option? Just an idean though, not sure if it's related.
This is usually the result of using an old graphics card. SiS cards are notorious for doing this. The only solution is to upgrade the video card.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:This is usually the result of using an old graphics card. SiS cards are notorious for doing this. The only solution is to upgrade the video card.

JR

Well this does have a crappy old graphics card so that could well be the problem! Thanks for the info, I have a couple of cards kicking around at work that I can test with so, thanks again Smile Will report back if this does indeed fix it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GUI Rendering problem0