Python problems?
i have noticed that my installed scripts chrash more often than they used to. they even jam the box so hard that i can't restart it with the remote.

i have blamed the scripts but i have started to suspect that there is another explenation.

now i'm using a precompiled version of xbmc (cvs 09-05-2005) that i've downloaded via bt and it seams to use python23 (at least that is the filename).

the xbox was a gift for my birthday two years ago and it was premoded by the store with xecuter 2. i havn't updated the bios since and i don't know how to check wich versions of the chip or the bios who is used.

any suggestions that can lead me to solve the problems with pythonscripts?
have a look in your %xbmcdir%/scripts/ if you have a file named autoexec.py
if yes, try to rename this file (autoexec.py.bak as for example)
reboot your xbmc and try again.

autoexec.py may launch automatically a script at startup that is not compliant with many other scripts...

maybe your xbmc is buggy as well. python23.zlib file in your %xbmcdir%/python/ dir is a normal file. don't delete it or python will not work anymore.
there isn't any autoexec.py in the script-directory.

just to be a little specific; it only chrashes with video/audio-scripts. it works fine with ie tv-listing and comics scripts.

any other suggestions?
first : check your codecs
then, if it doesn't change :
check your dns. they may be wrong or not setted...
(note that you may get meteo, rss feed working but this doesn't mean all your internet connection on xbmc is fully working)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python problems?0