[EDEN Beta 2] What happened to Movie Info??
Haven't been sleeping lately so i may just be hallucinating but i am almost positive i used to be able to press 'i' or context menu and select Movie Information in all the skins.

My 'i' no longer works and Movie Information is gone from the context menu.

Also, in files mode, there used to be a "Switch Media" context menu. That is also gone. It really sucks when browsing stuff that hasn't been scanned yet or that can't be added to the library.

Say that i am in a folder called let's say "Birthday Party" and i am done looking at the videos, i used to just switch media and look at the pictures.

Now i gotta press back, back, back, back or escape, navigate to pictures, click on it, then go to files, find my source again (assuming it even exists in the pics) and then view the pics. PITA.

If it was a design decision, i respectfully have to say it was a bad one. Why would we want LESS features in our beloved XBMC?

Please bring it back for Froyo... I mean Frodo... :p

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
For Movie Information to work, you need to have first set content on the (parent) folder.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Pr.Sinister Wrote:Say that i am in a folder called let's say "Birthday Party" and i am done looking at the videos, i used to just switch media and look at the pictures.

Why to switch anything when the "Photo" browser displays photos and videos in one view?
jmarshall Wrote:For Movie Information to work, you need to have first set content on the (parent) folder.

Of course it is set or else it wouldn't be in the library... Smile

Have you tried it in Eden Beta 2?

Works fine for TV Shows but not Movies...

Here is a screenshot... Clearly it is part of the library but Movie Information is not there and 'i' doesn't work

It works for me. I'm using the Confluence skin and a MCE remote. If you have a MCE remote, did you enable the MCE remote addon? I think I had to do that before the buttons worked the way they should.
Do you happen to have "exclude folder from library updates" enabled?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Do you happen to have "exclude folder from library updates" enabled?

Figured out the problem... You were right about the Set Content but it is kind of weird the way XBMC handles a source that has been edited. Maybe something to "fix" in the hobbit version Smile

My Movies Sources was setup like so :

Code:
<source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://CNS-FILESERVER/SD Movies/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://CNS-FILESERVER/QC SD Movies/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://CNS-FILESERVER/Explicit Mainstream/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://CNS-FILESERVER/HD Movies/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://CNS-FILESERVER/HD Movies 02/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://CNS-FILESERVER/HD Movies 03/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://CNS-FILESERVER/HD Movies 04/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://CNS-FILESERVER/HD Movies 05/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://CNS-FILESERVER/HD Movies 06/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://CNS-FILESERVER/HD Movies 07/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://CNS-FILESERVER/HD Movies 08/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://CNS-FILESERVER/HD Movies 09/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://CNS-FILESERVER/HD Movies 10/</path>
        </source>

The content was set to movies and everything was fine.

I then ran out of space on my 10 other drives so i put in a new 2TB drive and added an HD Movies 11 to my sources.xml

This then reset the content of the "Movies" to none.

Now why would adding an extra path reset the content? i doubt anyone would actually want that. The only scenario where i can see it making sense is if i changed the name of the source AND where it is pointing to.

Anyway it's just a suggestion but i think editing sources.xml to only add a path to an existing source shouldn't automatically reset it to none.

I am sure you are probably calculating a hash for each source and adding a path will change the hash and that's what triggers the reset but it would be nice if you could make it keep it's content IMHO.

Thanks for the help!

-Pr.
I agree, I ran into this in the past but forgot to send in a bug report... I'm sure technically it is not a bug, since it is working as designed, but it is definitely not an expected outcome for a user.

Another feature that I'd like to see is the ability to set the content in the XML file... thus, eliminating the need to use the GUI when adding paths.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
You added it directly to the XML file? If so, probably bugger all we can do about it without cocking things up more often than not.

If you added it via the GUI, then it should have already been handled.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[EDEN Beta 2] What happened to Movie Info??0