Acer Revo 3700 series Help!
Hi I'm a virgin poster, so I,m quite likely to be in the wrong place.
I have a fairly new Acer Revo 3700 nettop,& I feel it would benefit from a RAM upgrade. There are some good videos on Youtube describing the process, however I would appreciate your help in what I need to carry out the job...
i.e.
At this time I have 2gb delivered, I assume this is a pair of 1gb?
Do I need to fit a matched pair of 2gb, or can I fit 1 x 4gb?
Do I need to buy RAM specific to Acer?
OR - will any (eBay) item do?
Your help appreciated!
Thanks... sapspec
2gb is plenty. It doesn't have the processor power to be running lots of programs anyway, just make sure in XBMC settings you have the options use fullscreen window instead of true fullscreen disabled, and allow hardware acceleration enabled. Install XBMC beta 2, its runs a lot snapier.
Hi,

I have a acer revo 3700 and 2gb is plenty, It plays all file seamlessly now! dont get me wrong it took a bit of tinkering and lots of questions on her but it works fine. I would suggest keep programmes on win 7 to a min as this seemed to help my set up run smoothly. It's a great wee HTTP for the money I'm well happy with mine.
Acer revo 3700 with Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit
Same here, i have a revo 3700 , 2gb ram, win 7 64 bit. I bought 4 gb of ram - 2 2gb pair. But after receiving it, setting it up , and configuring it to launch xbmc/eventghost as the shell. I have had it for 4 months now and still have not put in the 4gb of ram, still using the factory 2gb with no issues at all.

im running eden beta 2 with mysql db and it all plays great!
Yep as the others have said more than enough i got my dad a revo 61XX can't remember which its running ubuntu,sickbeard,sabnzbplus,couchpotato and XBMC fine with 2GB
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts
Home Clients ATV2, Ouya, Xubuntu and Windows 8 all 13.2
Moblie Clients SGS5 SG Note II and SG Tab S all 13.2
Dark Knight RT-AC66U merlins build

Friends:
Thanks indeed for your helpful reply’s - guess I'll save my money!
Sapspec

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo 3700 series Help!0