Strange Resolution Issue
I'm getting a weird problem, best described with a picture.

It appears that the last few pixels on the right hand side of the screen, and being displayed twice on the left side of the screen

Any ideas how I can sort this?

I'm on an Apple TV running Crystalbuntu, with the BCM70015 chip installed.
This only occurs when selecting 1080x1920 from the resoltion options.
xbmc.log in debug mode or you get no soup.
Here you go - http://paste2.org/p/1888937

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
xbmc.log says, "INFO: GUI format 720x480 Windowed", and I don't see any switch to any other format.
Odd.

I have switched the thing off and back on since I did that.
Just done another power cycle (it seems the only way to do this is to pull the plug, is that right?)

Here's the new log - http://paste2.org/p/1888976
I edited my xorg.conf so the screen subsection looks like this

Code:
Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "NoLogo" "True"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    Modes      "1920x1080_24" "1920x1080_30" "1920x1080_50" "1920x1080_60"
    EndSubSection

rebooted and the problem has vanished.

Strangely enough I thought I would be able to select different refresh rates from the setting menu, but it still appears stuck on 60.

Why is that?
refreshrates are changed automagically when playing a movie to set the best fit for your fps.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Has the ATV1 ever had the original software v3.0.1? I've heard that the HDMI controller firmware gets flashed on that update, which will fix some things regardless of OS installed. Not sure if it's related to this issue.
Ned Scott Wrote:Has the ATV1 ever had the original software v3.0.1? I've heard that the HDMI controller firmware gets flashed on that update, which will fix some things regardless of OS installed. Not sure if it's related to this issue.

Hmmm, it's quite possible that it hasn't.

When I first got it, I used it as normal for about 5 minutes. During that time I seem to remember it asking my to update. I ignored it as I knew I was going to install Crystalbuntu.

Maybe I should go back to as it was, unless there's some way of updating the HDMI controller another way.
Memphiz Wrote:refreshrates are changed automagically when playing a movie to set the best fit for your fps.

Currently every movie I play gets reported as 1080p@60hz, so these refresh rate changes are not happening for me at the moment.

I have a Revo 3600 running Openelec, which does manage to automatically change the refresh rates.

If it helps with diagnosing my issue, I can't select any refresh rates other than 60hz from the video settings page either. :confused2:
its not possible to select refreshrates in the resolution settings. but you can activate the refreshrate adaption under settings -> video -> playback - if its not selectable then you use an atv1 with osx 10.4 or something (not supported there) - but we are getting offtopic.

i just wanted to point out that refreshrates are never selectable manually...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
So, which setting do I need to alter within settings -> video -> playback?
I have copied the settings from my Openelec install, but the results are unchanged. What do I need to do to make the ATV output at anything other than 60hz?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange Resolution Issue0