Media Information issues?
Ok, I have a windows HTPC that i built a few years ago. I have been running various versions up to the current 10.1 build. I have always used MediaCenter Master for my metadata. I have always had good luck with this combination.

At some point last November, I started seeing the following issues:
1) some new media would have no information shown, until i rescraped it with XBMC. Yet, some would.
2) some new media would have info, but no graphics... yet some would. have graphics and no media...even though both were present in the directory.
3) sometimes the media would 'disappear' and i would find that it is now 'hidden'. so I'd remove that attribute and it would be there, but not show in the xbmc console.

I recently blew away my database and rebuilt it from scratch, and set it to use the IBMD as the default scraper. of course it took about 3 hours to rebuild, and even though all the data was present in the media's direectory, it was redownloaded from the web.

\Media
\Movies
\MovieTitle(year)
MovieTitle(year).ext (avi, mp4, mkv,divx)
Movietitle(year).jpg
fanart.tbn
fanart.jpg
poster.tbn
MovieTitle(year).dvdid.xml
movie.nfo
mymovies.xml
\TVShows
\ShowTitle
backdrop.jpg
banner.jpg
series.xml
tvshow.nfo
showtitle_Info.txt
\Season#
metadata (folder)
Showtitle_Episodes.txt
backdrop.jpg
folder.jpg
S01E01_Episode_Title.ext (.mkv, avi, mp4)
S01E01_Episode_Title.nfo
S01E01_Episode_Title.tbn

etc ad nauseum.. :-)

Now if i add new media, there is ONLY the Mediafile itself in the directory, even though metadata shows in xbmc. Where is this stored in EdenHuhHuhHuh?
Secondly, if this data is there already, why does it rescrape?
Star 
knightbird Wrote:Now if i add new media, there is ONLY the Mediafile itself in the directory, even though metadata shows in xbmc. Where is this stored in Eden? Secondly, if this data is there already, why does it rescrape?

Eden stores the metafile stuff in the user library and on a win/7 system that is C:\Users\PatK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\DatabaseMyVideos57.db and MyVideos58.db

Obviously you have a lot of files in the folder... but if XBMC on a scrape doesn't get what it needs in the folder, it goes the internet for a re-scrape. So you're missing a key item or something is amiss with the format of one the files.

If you want to answer this question for yourself... create two separate folders and stick the same video file in each... then fill one with all the data you think XBMC needs and the other nothing. Scrape the solo file, and compare what is in that folder against what you thought it needed.... voila the difference will be clear. (I didn't see a Movietitle(year).tbn but perhaps you missed it?)

MovieTitle(year).dvdid.xml file is for what?
I'm not sure what the movititle(year).dvdid.xml is for, Mediacenter master made all the files.
Now, as for your suggestion about seeing what is missing, I agree, that WOULD work, IF Eden would put things in the media folder. But apparently it doesn't, since i have 9 folders that only have the mediafile in them, but show full details and artwork in xbmc.

Huh??
Star 
I realized after I wrote the message... and just got back to it now. You have to settings>video>Library>Export Video Library>Separate files and XBMC dutifully sticks all the images, .nfo and backdrops into each media folder. Then you get to see what it needs... vs. what you've been feeding it. Re-scrapes are a breeze after that.

I personally think XBMC scrapers are great.. with the add-on Artwork Downloader I've never had so much good looking eye candy without the effort.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Information issues?0