• 5(current)
[RELEASE] SpeedFan Information Display
I think I`m lost at this.

I have edited the speedfansens.cfg file, so the sensors have the right ending in the log.
See picture: http://tinypic.com/r/xpadyr/5
But I havent being able to change the name on the log file itself, that still get a name after time date etc.
As seen in the picture it is called: SFlog.........csv

What am I doing wrong. I have searched and read the whole thread and the redme file (that just says the same as the thread), and
I don`t get any further.

Kindly Petter
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
You shouldn't have to rename the log file. The add on automatically figures out the current date and appends that to "SFLog" to get the correct log file. Do check the add on settings to make sure you've set the directory in which the log file resides. If that still is working, could I get a screen shot of your settings for the add on and a debug log?
Ok, I tried from what was written in the readme, the renaming part. .temp, .speed etc...

But here it comes
Log: http://pastebin.com/Em2bKDAs
Picture of settings: http://i44.tinypic.com/2yvwgty.jpg
Did you fint out anything from the log file?
Sorry, got side tracked with some things at work. I see what's causing SpeedFan Info Display to crash. For some reason your SpeedFan log is using a colon as the decimal point separator instead of a period or comma. So where SpeedFan Info Display is expecting something like 39.0 or 39,0 for a temperature, you're log has 39:0. I think there is a setting in SpeedFan somewhere to set the decimal point separator. Is a colon the normal separator for your country? I checked your profile, and there was no location, so I'm just guessing that you're not from the US.

Anyway, if a colon is a normal decimal separator for your country, then I can update SpeedFan Info Display to understand that. In the short term, you can just change Speedfan to use either period or comma as the decimal separator.
Thanks for the help, now it all works great. :-)

I think the separator in my country is an period to.

I reads the temps and stuff, even I have changed the name in the config file.
Thanks this is a good thing to have when you have a little tower with to much stuff inside.
First I have to say: Nice plugin - love it Big Grin

But it would be even better, if there would be an option for multiple logs/pathes.
It would be nice to "combine" two logs from different machines.
eg: Show temperatures of HTPC and server.

Is there maybe already an option for this?
(2013-12-11, 21:34)SLiX Wrote: But it would be even better, if there would be an option for multiple logs/pathes.
It would be nice to "combine" two logs from different machines.
eg: Show temperatures of HTPC and server.

Is there maybe already an option for this?

It's technically possible, and I can look into it. Just don't get your hopes up too much. Displaying multiple logs would either take a complete overhaul of the display layout or a fair amount of additional programming to allow you to switch between logs.
Thank you for your fast answer.
I tried to do it by myself but it fails with the interpretation of your plugin code Big Grin

Maybe there could be an opportunity to add another log path and various labels. eg .temp1 for HTPC and .temp2 for server or something else
Would this even be a lot of work to combine them in one layout?

greets
(2013-12-12, 14:00)SLiX Wrote: Maybe there could be an opportunity to add another log path and various labels. eg .temp1 for HTPC and .temp2 for server or something else
Would this even be a lot of work to combine them in one layout?

I think I figured out a way to allow for multiple logs without having to radically change things. It will require that you scroll down the window to get to the second (and subsequent logs), but at least you could see multiple logs. I've put this on my holiday coding list, so hopefully I'll have something to beta test shortly after Christmas.
Oh that sounds very nice Big Grin

I'm looking forward to your see/test your results. Thanks in advance!
New BETA release available

There's a new beta of SpeedFan Info Display available at:

https://github.com/pkscout/script.speedf...master.zip

This is version 0.5.4.1 and will ship as version 0.5.5 after testing is done and the translators have updated the foreign language string files.

New to this version is the ability to parse and display multiple log files (up to a total of three). The log files must be in different directories, and they basically just get appended at the bottom of the display window. You'll have to scroll down the window to see the other information.

To enable additional log files, go to the settings, and you'll see a new section called ADDITIONAL LOGS. There you can name the primary log file and then select the other two logs to use (and name them as well).
New BETA Available

v.0.5.4.2
- fix so all logs update properly
- fix so window updates properly when using only one log
- code refactoring

New BETA available

v.0.5.4.3
- forces focus on the SpeedFanInfo window so that you can scroll through the listings without having to mouse over the window.

Damn, it is perfect. Great work!
The ability to set a "title" is a good idea.
Thanks for your coding and a "late Happy New Year!"
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SpeedFan Information Display0