XBMC Eden Beta 3 - Movie Sets - film order issue.
I am running Eden Beta 3 (Windows 7 32 bit) and I set up the movie library and switched on Movie Sets.
All is well, except that it does not place the films in the movie sets in the correct order.

I think there should be an easy option, like there is to set the Movie Set Thumbnail and Movie Set Fanart in the context menu.

Ideally the films in the movie sets should default to release date order, failing that an easy way to move the individual films in a movie set to move left/right when displayed.

Maybe there is a easy way to do this, via XBMC without needing to edit the movie set within XVMM web interface ??

Also, an option to display just the movie sets would be ideal.
Bring up the submenu and change the order to 'Year'.

I agree this should be the default sort order for Sets.
Unfortunately TMDb does not provide some ordering information for movies within a set but I think olympia is working on a solution where the release year is used for sorting. You can also just change the sorting used in XBMC GUI to Year.

If you want to see a list of all your sets (in Confluence) go to Videos -> Library -> Movies -> Sets
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
@Hitcher: I disagree, the default sorting should always be sorttitle. There's a reason why XBMC provides this functionality and I (and others) add that information to the NFOs. Ideally though the scraper would set the sorttitle manually using something like "<movietitle> <year>" and as I said IIRC olympia is working on that.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
@Hitcher
You stated :-
"Bring up the submenu and change the order to 'Year'."

Which submenu are you referring to ? for Movies ?
As that changes the order of all my movies in Year order, when all I want to do it put the Movie Sets in Year order?

Apologies in advance if I am missing something obvious here.
Looks like the code specifically sets the default sort method to year within the sets node, BUT it only saves it using the general "movie title" setting, thus it'll basically use sorttitle as most folk have gone to titles before they've gone into a set.

You should find it will change for a specific set if you change sort mode to year, exit out then change the sort mode in any title listing back to title. That specific set will then stick with year. Please confirm.

Will see how easy it is to remedy.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Pull req for discussion here:

695 (PR)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I have noticed that Movie sets doesnt always work in beta3. I check it so I get my movie sets, but sometimes when I start up XBMC it 'unchecks itself'!!!!Huh
Is it possible to make a new set, witch is not an official one and put your own films into ?
blackburst Wrote:Is it possible to make a new set, witch is not an official one and put your own films into ?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_Sets
I previously updated my movie sets via the .nfo file. With this new built in XBMC version of Movie Sets, is that no longer required? I noticed last night that the latest X-Men movie was not in the X-Men folder (I have not updated that .nfo file and was expecting XBMC to put it in the Movie Set by itself).

Also, what's the trick to add a thumb and fan picture to your movie set folder?
mbbransc Wrote:I previously updated my movie sets via the .nfo file. With this new built in XBMC version of Movie Sets, is that no longer required? I noticed last night that the latest X-Men movie was not in the X-Men folder (I have not updated that .nfo file and was expecting XBMC to put it in the Movie Set by itself).

Also, what's the trick to add a thumb and fan picture to your movie set folder?

It wasn't probably added to your already existing x-men collection because you got the collection name slightly different. So the new x-men movie has now got his own collection and a single movie isn't shown as a collection.
TMDB has listed it as "X-Men Collection"..

For adding thumbs and fanart hit "C" while on the movie set and then you can change them (this cannot be done automatic at the moment)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I saw reference to a movie sets plugin, does that allow to create movie sets on the fly from the GUI. I don't use TMDB and even if I did I doubt that the logic used for grouping movies would always satisfy my needs. I think sets are often best handled by hand, rather than automatically.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Just a warning: We're currently considering dropping support for multiple sets per movie. Reason is two fold:

1. themoviedb.org supplies only 1 set, and plan to leave things that way.
2. If you have only one set, then flattening of sets (as done by default in XBMC) can keep things in set-order within the listing. i.e. we can group all the ocean's movies together in the correct order yet still have them show up in "O" for ocean's.

I'll be posting more about this in the future (concentrating on getting Eden out atm) but figured I should give a heads up before too many folk go and start inventing ways to use sets that are unorthodox Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan

Is there any way that I can see which movies are supposed to be in sets?

I ask because of all my movies only the troon collection grouped itself. I expected LOTR, bourne, terminator, etc to be in groups but they didn't. I never created any previous nfo files for it and all of the movie information has downloaded correctly.

Am I doing something wrong?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Eden Beta 3 - Movie Sets - film order issue.0