Preferred languish list for audio streams.
Id it possible to have a preferred language list for audio streams.

I watch a lot manga and very often rips come with dual audio streams and usually Japanese is the first stream.
Now i have to switch between streams every time.

Would like to have a preferred language list if there are more stream available.

So you could set list witch what language stream is preferred.

something like, first Nr1 and then down the list to one that's available

1. Dutch
  2. English
  3. German
  4. Norwegian
  5. Swedish
  6. Danish

This screen displays 1 stream, but you can have multiple streams.

And maybe the same option for subs.
I have some code which will choose the language stream that matches the language you use in XBMC (the same is done for DVD menus, audio streams and subtitles). That should cover most of the cases and I don't think a whole list is worth the trouble it is to implement it. I will post my code as a pull request once Eden has been released so you'll have to wait a bit longer.

PS: It's "language" not "languish" Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Montellese Wrote:I will post my code as a pull request once Eden has been released
Dose that mean that Eden gets auto updated once its out, and that patch is approved ?
No XBMC has no auto-update functionality and I can't promise when that feature will be available (if it is accepted at all).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Montellese Wrote:I have some code which will choose the language stream that matches the language you use in XBMC (the same is done for DVD menus, audio streams and subtitles). That should cover most of the cases and I don't think a whole list is worth the trouble it is to implement it.
Will that include selecting and showing correct teletext (subtitle) page in DVB content, language code should be available in the mpeg streams (ts)? This might be something completly different but your code might help me achive this. I been looking into this earlier but only manage to extract language code from mpeg streams outside xbmc and have no idea where to integrate this into the xbmc code. Looking forward to see your code.
Hi Montellese,question will this be implemented with the upcoming release?
Next to that will it only be for audio or also for subs, if its get implemented?
(2012-11-10, 23:29)player-x Wrote: Hi Montellese,question will this be implemented with the upcoming release?
Next to that will it only be for audio or also for subs, if its get implemented?

It will be in the upcoming release for both audio and subtitles. If you want, you can already try it in development builds (wiki).
(2012-11-11, 00:31)Ned Scott Wrote: you can already try it in development builds (wiki).
Cool, tried Alpha 4 and 5, but it totally broke my audio, ware 5 was even worse, will give Alpha 7 a go and see if it's working.

Anyway real cool that we got this, all animation fans, and for people out of country's ware they dub films, this will be a nice enhancement.
I would very much like this feature on a per movie basis (and if possible: per user).

Reason is as follows:

I normally speak dutch, and I like to see my movies in the original language with dutch subtitles (e.g. "Tangled", "The incredibles" & "Ugly truth" I like to see with english audio, dutch subs)

My wife speaks dutch, but is from Ukraine. So she likes to see her movies with russian audio (or russian subs if no audio is available). (e.g. "Ugly Truth" with russian audio)

The kids speak dutch and russian, so they watch some kids movies with dutch audio, some kids movies with russian audio. (e.g. "Tangled" with dutch audio; no subs, "The incredibles" with russian audio; no subs)

We all have our own playlists, so it would be nice if this information could be stored there. This would make it possible that I would see movie "X" with dutch subs while my wife can watch movie "X" with russian audio.

I'm sure many people outside the english speaking regions would love this feature. Our family sure would...

Thanks...

Add-on : Bluray iso utils Rewrite of BR_iso_enhancements
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
Use a different pofile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-11-11, 22:18)Martijn Wrote: Use a different pofile

It solves some problems, but not all.

Like I said, I like the original language. So I would like to see "Wo hu cang long" (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) with mandarin audio and dutch subs (I hate dubbing).
Is there a way to tell XBMC to use the original language (how can XBMC know this?)?

Also, for the kids. Kids movies always have dutch audio, but rarely russian audio. If the profile is in dutch, I still have to select russian audio for those few movies that provide a russian audio track.
And the kids need to see some movies in russian to practice their russian language skills.

I think a "per movie" language/subs option for each profile would be best to accomplish this.
Thanks
Add-on : Bluray iso utils Rewrite of BR_iso_enhancements
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
If you start watching a movie and change the audio track and/or subtitle being used XBMC should remember that in case you start it again later. Doesn't work on tvshow-level though i.e. it only applies on episode-level.

But IMO the cases you point out are very very user-specific i.e. sounds like you want some movies being played in russian and some in dutch or whatever so you'll have to manually configure it anyway so why can't you just do it when you start watching it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Preferred languish list for audio streams.1