What backend to use with HDHomerun Prime on Ubuntu?
It appears that TVHeadend can't do it. I believe that there is a problem with dvbhdhomerun as it can only detect two tuners on this device, when there should be three. While I can get TVHeadend to attempt to scan for channels, Map DVB services to channels fails 100% of the time with the error "unable to configure demuxer "/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0".

So I need something else for the backend as there's no indication that TVHeadend can do the job. I have strm files generated for all three tuners, so is there something that uses those? I know those all work fine, and the official HDHomeRun utilities see the tuners fine.
KeithLM Wrote:It appears that TVHeadend can't do it. I believe that there is a problem with dvbhdhomerun as it can only detect two tuners on this device, when there should be three. While I can get TVHeadend to attempt to scan for channels, Map DVB services to channels fails 100% of the time with the error "unable to configure demuxer "/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0".

So I need something else for the backend as there's no indication that TVHeadend can do the job. I have strm files generated for all three tuners, so is there something that uses those? I know those all work fine, and the official HDHomeRun utilities see the tuners fine.

I've been using mythtv as a backend. The web interface isn't as nice as the tvheadend one is but aside from that I have no complaints.
newbie question.. does this work for mostly all the channels? which ones arent we able to receive with the hdhomerun prime?
I only have a limited package from FiOS, no premium channels, and it works fine for me. I've heard that on some systems the premium channels are encrypted and it will only work properly on Windows. I don't know how accurate that is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What backend to use with HDHomerun Prime on Ubuntu?0