Need to unpack a big file
I have had a look at this error and it seems to be if the rar is in compressed format. my question comes from I have only just seen this issue since going to bata 3 (didn't see it in beta 1\2 or dharma). Do i need to unpack them, cause if i say yes or no the popup just comes right back.
It always says it if the rar is compressed, yes. Obviously you shouldn't be using compressed rars for movies. Stored rars are fine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:It always says it if the rar is compressed, yes. Obviously you shouldn't be using compressed rars for movies. Stored rars are fine.

But what I am asking is why is it an issue now when it has never asked before.
Did you open the same compressed rars in b1 or b2?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Did you open the same compressed rars in b1 or b2?

Im not even watching them just scraping.
Where does it unpack the files to?
It unpacks to %APPDATA%/XBMC/temp IIRC

yes, it didnt use to ask. it used to just go ahead and extract the file, a potentially lengthy operation, stalling the app giving the user no feedback.
This is really annoying since it ask me all the time in the menus to unpack big files in Eden beta 3. I can se them in rar format and I have done so since XBMC version 9. To the next beta version this should be at least optional, I can hardly use the menus in b3 as it is.
Is there anyone who can tell me how to get rid of this annoying question (xbmc needs to unpack a big file)? I don´t care if you think having rar-files is bad i want to have answer getting rid of this question from XBMC.
I think I found the root cause. It seem the scan file/directory function has a problem cooping with rar archives that are split like this:

Code:
File.part01.rar
File.part02.rar
File.part03.rar

Instead of more commonly:

Code:
File.rar
File.r01
File.r02
File.r03
1. XBMC: http://github.com/FlyingRat/xbmc (ffmpeg-head-inc-xbmc-patches)
2. FFmpeg: http://github.com/FlyingRat/FFmpeg (ffmpeg-head-with-xbmc-custom-patches)
3. XBMC-updated-FFmpeg-binaries (just dev snapshots, no regular distros)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need to unpack a big file0