XBMC with Linux only, hardware?
Does this system work with xbmc live (only)?

MaBo: ASUS Mainboard S-1155 H67 ATX 2xPCI-E Audio7.1 GbLAN SATA3 USB3.0 Raid DDR3 Crossfire B3-step
Video: ZOTAC GT 210 SYNERGY 1GB DDR3
Cpu: INTEL Core i3-2100 3.30MHz LGA1155
Cabi.. : Silverstone Milo SST-ML03B
Ram: Kingston 2GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM, ValueRAM. Memory: DDR3, 1 x 2048, 240-pin DIMM, Gold, 256M X 64, DDR3, Dual Rank. Energy management: 1.5
SSD: OCZ 60 GB SSD 2,5" S-ATA III TRIM/GC

I will use an external soundcard : Hegel HD2 DAC and an external 2TB harddrive (for now)

I heard that some Mainboards does not support hd bitstream.. but will i need it when I have the hegel DAC?

What PSU should I pick?

Thanks Smile
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94199
eskro Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94199

Yes, I know.. I have based the computer on your guide.. But the problem is that i do not have all the parts available from where I live. And I do not want do wait for weeks because of the shipping time..

I have switched the mainboard from ASUS P8H61 to H67, but should I use the H61? Only reason I switched is because someone said it does not support hd bitstream.. Do I really need hd bitstream with my external USB soundcard?

And the other thing is the GPU.. I only have the ZOTAC GT 210 SYNERGY 1GB DDR3 available and not the ZOTAC GT210 512MB DDR3 you recommended, But the only difference I can see is that my Gpu has twice the memory..

And one more thing.. How much watt do I need on my PSU? Is 400 enough for the 1GB GPU?

Smile
It will be just fine for Linux. My machine is very similar, but using a H61 mobo and a G530 processor. Plays full HD smoothly and responsively. I feel the i3 is an overkill, but that depends or your needs.
For GPU, also have a nVidia 210 1GB (this one from ASUS). The whole package works very well under Linux Mint.
400W PSU will be more than enough.
jackh Wrote:It will be just fine for Linux. My machine is very similar, but using a H61 mobo and a G530 processor. Plays full HD smoothly and responsively. I feel the i3 is an overkill, but that depends or your needs.
For GPU, also have a nVidia 210 1GB (this one from ASUS). The whole package works very well under Linux Mint.
400W PSU will be more than enough.

Hey, thanks for the answer Smile Made my day Smile
lubbelu Wrote:Hey, thanks for the answer Smile Made my day Smile

My pleasure! If you have 5 more minutes, take a look at this post of mine, and see in detail how well it is working Cool
forget about bitstreaming HD Audio with Linux as of today..
its a windows thing for now
eskro Wrote:forget about bitstreaming HD Audio with Linux as of today..
its a windows thing for now

After reading alot of forums.. I still wonder.. Will my Usb Digital Audio Converter (Hegel HD2) be able to get ALL sound from OpenELEC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC with Linux only, hardware?0