MySQL Video Library not updating
Question 
Hi, I have XBMC 11 running on Win XP with MySQL. MySQL databases all created ok and xbmc has required premissions to access the databases. The music DB has updated and created a library without any issues.

The video library will not update. I've also used Ember to update the video library info to see if that would help so all video data is now available in my video file folder. Each video has it's own folder.

I have two test videos to start with

I have tested the following:-

1. Removed sources.xml,
2. Removed advancedsettings.xml
3. started xbmc
4. scanned videos, library updates ok (not using MySQL at this point)
5. export the video library
6. repeat point 1.
7. restore advancedsettings.xml file
8. remove xbmc_video60 DB from MySQL
9. start xbmc
10. xbmc_video60 DB created as expected in MySQL
11. Set video folder as a source and set content - this creates a record in the path table as expected.
12. import the video library
13. MySQL updated as expected, I have a library with my two test videos
14. Quit xbmc

I then added two more videos to the video folder, updated info using Ember, then start xbmc again. Go to the source and request that new videos be added to the library. The update box appears briefly but the new videos are not added.

I originally started with an empty library and attempted to add the two test videos to teh MySQL DB using xbmc without success, same symptons as when trying to add to my already created library as detailed above. I think there are a few issues here:-

1. When using MySQL, the source information is not picked up from the path table, I've had errors in the log when tryinig to reset the path where I think it's trying to create a duplicate path record.
2. Having set the Path and the content, xbmc won't actually update the video library DB.

Only way I've managed to get this to work so far is to create the library outside of MySQL, export it then import back into MySQL.

Anyone have any clues as to why this isn't working. Tried everything I can think of based on the info in this forum that I have found.

Thanks
Darren.
It sounds like you have a permissions problem with the second set of videos that you are adding. Make sure the sharing is setup right for them after you add them to your video folder. Something else to make sure of is to add videos using a network share such as SMB or NFS, scanning from something such as the c: drive instead will not work with MySQL.

If these ideas don't help to fix the problem have a look at this link http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708 so you can give us some more info to help you fix your problem.
Many thanks, I was scanning from a D drive. Added an SMB share and all seems to be ok now.

If I install XBMC on another PC on my network and add the advanced settings file, do I need any MySQL drivers for xbmc to access the media data or is that connectivity all in xbmc ?

Thanks
Darren
As long as advancedsettings has the info in it for the MySQL computer then you shouldn't need anything else for your other computers. Just make sure you open the port on your firewall on the MySQL computer so MySQL can go through it both ways.
Great, thanks again for your help.
Thanks for the tip - it got me looking in right place. I had manually edited my sources.xml with entries like:

\\server\folder\video

and this stopped the video library from updating, changed to:

smb://server/folder/video

now its all fine - mysql5 installed on WD MBWE alongside all my content with almost no payload on local XBMC stations.

Strangely the Music library update was OK with the first format.

All I need now is my Raspberry PI for my HTPC
The music library will also break - just not in the same way. See PR804 for example.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm having a similar problem my x BMC on my remote PC (raspberry Pi) does not load up new videos since I installed MySQL however I do have all my folders shared on the network and I do have the username password put in place my initial launch with the MySQL database went fine everything loaded up both PCs sure the exact same library however after adding a couple videos The remote PC no longer shows the new videos

Also I have my sources shared through the SMB share so they are running the exact same sources and I'm finding that the services don't show up on the raspberry pie however all the movies that show up on the MySQL database seem to play fine
I have the exact same problem as you, did you fix it by any chance?
Ya. I think something was broken in the builds. I'm running current beta on PC and raspbmc on the Pi and no issues at the moment.
The only thing you need to do is move advancedsettings.xml to the Pi through a FTP server for the MySQL settings to stick and then go to the Pi and pretend you are going to add a source and select your PC do you can add the password info and select 'remember path' click ok then cancel before actually adding a source then reboot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Video Library not updating0