[WINDOWS] Running XBMC on 2 different computers using the same database?
Hi,

So I'm planning to add a second XBMC setup in my bedroom using the same network drive as my main source. Is there an easy way to do this without the two conflicting with each other?

Is it as simple as just installing XBMC on the new computer and pointing it to the same sources?

It's taken some time to get XBMC to recognize all my media correctly and I don't want to mess this up.

Thanks
Probably the best way would be to setup a master sql database (all the info is in the wiki) on the "master" xbmc. This will be the install you refresh the library on. The other install will just read from this database whenever it is updated. It is not really that difficult to do.

You will need to export the current library and import it once you have the sql setup.

I currently do this. But I have my master xbmc install sitting on my server and all it does is refresh when new stuff is downloaded. The rest just auto update.
There is even a nice wiki entry on getting the correct sql information and path substitution stuff for each machine so you can share fanart, playlists, and even addon data.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._libraries
For a shared library, you need something with a SQL server on all the time. If that's the case, then it's somewhat easy to setup. You can share the library and fanart between all your machines to keep them in sync.

Otherwise, you will have a library on each machine and need to update them individually.

I've just been setting up a shared library for people I build HTPCs for because I know they will be back looking for another PC in the house, and that way, they are already mostly setup for it. MySQL doesn't take up all that much room.
Lots of useful info here, thanks everyone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Running XBMC on 2 different computers using the same database?0