My AMD A8-3870K Eskro Build
I have been peacing this project togther for the last couple months. Finaly it was semi finished today (Thank God). This was a big deal for me $$$ I am an out of work IronWorker and took a temp job welding at a recycling company working 7 11 1/2 work week, so i decided to take on this project as a treet for myself (something to keep me going to that place everyday) i got layed off as i was ordrering the AMD A8-3870K, anyways its put together and all the parts seem to be working.

Heres my list thanks to Eskro

AMD A8-3870K ($119 at neww egg)

ASRock MB-A75M Socket FM1/ AMD A75 FCH/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ Micro ATX Motherboard ($75 at amazon)

Corsair XMS3 4GB ( 2 x 2GB ) 1600mhz PC3-12800 240-pin DDR3 Dual Channel Memory Kit for Core i3, i5, i7 and AMD platforms 4 Dual Channel Kit DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM CMX4GX3M2B1600C9 ($29 at amazon)

Seasonic SS-400ET 400W EPS12V 20/24PIN ATX Power Supply ($54 at NCIX)

SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX Media Center/HTPC Case ML03B (Black)
($60 at Amazon)

I ran out of money after that due to the lay off so im using an older laptop hardrive but it works

I say semi built because i want to add a BD on it and a better hard drive preferably a SSD than it will be complete.

I am watching XBMC on it and my movies are stored on a WD my book attached to my main computer in my bedroom.

I also like to say that i am colpletely addicted to this site im on it all the time reading and lerning a little bit to. Thanks guys for all the help that you put into this place. This allows a regular joe to have acess and abilty to build the most intense Htpc (this is what makes me happy and at times this is what keeps me goingBig GrinBig Grin
lagledavid Wrote:Thanks guys for all the help that you put into this place. This allows a regular joe to have acess and abilty to build the most intense Htpc (this is what makes me happy and at times this is what keeps me goingBig GrinBig Grin

+1
lagledavid Wrote:I ran out of money after that due to the lay off so im using an older laptop hardrive but it works

I say semi built because i want to add a BD on it and a better hard drive preferably a SSD than it will be complete.
As long as it work, used hardware is fine. BD, SSD and other goodies can wait.....first thing first, food on the table. Good luck! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My AMD A8-3870K Eskro Build0