[DEAL] Zotac ZBOX-AD02-PLUS-U ($250)
FULL OpenELEC HTPC!!

these are gonna sell fast!! Hurry if u need one!!

if i was in the USA, i'd get one as secondary HTPC!!
Out of curiousity... Will this run xbmc and any of the skins without problems?
What could be potential downsides of this unit?

I see myself in Group #6 BTW. Appears to be exactly what I need.

First post too. Read through a lot of your recommendations Eskro. Definitely admire the knowledge you bring to this topic.
under openELEC, it'll run any skins.

group#6 is the Bitsream HD-Audio group.
under OpenELEC, there's no Bitsream HD-Audio yet...

but hardware wize, or if u were under windows7,
yes, bitstreams becomes possible.
So to confirm, this would run openELEC better than windows XBMC? But it won't do bitstream under openELEC

I definitely want bitstream and think I would like the benefit of windows for various other programs.
well u can run windows on it then if u really need HD-Audio Bistreaming....
ask user named Bluray, thats the platform he's using as windows7 HTPC,
the AMD E-350 Fusion....
Eskro,

I was going to build one of your mini systems, but this looks great for my needs. I am just building it for my older father-in-law, who lives with us. I got him a remote too. Should work fantastic for us, streaming via ethernet from our server.

Question for you. Got any good guides for setting up an openelec? I like this idea, since he has never used a computer, and having a frontend it boots right into and him not needing to do anything with a keyboard is what we need. Just haven't ever considered it for our needs, so not sure where to start.

Thanks for the deal alert!!!
(2012-03-21, 02:27)_RT_ Wrote: So to confirm, this would run openELEC better than windows XBMC? But it won't do bitstream under openELEC
You'll have a lot of fun setting up AMD with OpenElec.....

(2012-03-21, 02:27)_RT_ Wrote: I definitely want bitstream and think I would like the benefit of windows for various other programs.
W7 is your best choice then....but E350 is not the strongest for W7+XMBC either. To make life easier, I end up combined my E350 with GT430. In Zotac case, there isn't any room for discrete GPU. You'll be stuck with 1.6GHz+HD6310.

You might want to check into this guy- Xtreamer Ultra 2. You'll get 2.13GHz+520M+32GB SSD+4GB RAM+built-in Wi-fi/Bluetooth.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-03-21, 03:52)bluray Wrote:
(2012-03-21, 02:27)_RT_ Wrote: So to confirm, this would run openELEC better than windows XBMC? But it won't do bitstream under openELEC

(2012-03-21, 02:27)_RT_ Wrote: I definitely want bitstream and think I would like the benefit of windows for various other programs.
W7 is your best choice then....but E350 is not the strongest for W7+XMBC either. To make life easier, I end up combined my E350 with GT430. In Zotac case, there isn't any room for discrete GPU. You'll be stuck with 1.6GHz+HD6310.

You might want to check into this guy- Xtreamer Ultra 2. You'll get 2.13GHz+520M+32GB SSD+4GB RAM+built-in Wi-fi/Bluetooth.....
Thanks for the quick reply. Purchase canceled.
ZBOX-ID80-PLUS-U http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...3&Tpk=ID80
(2012-03-21, 03:30)rhmclay Wrote: Got any good guides for setting up an openelec?

best place to look is on youtube Tongue
(2012-03-21, 04:12)eskro Wrote: ZBOX-ID80-PLUS-U http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...3&Tpk=ID80
That is a better deal than the one in your first post, and it should work with any OS too. If you throw in 32GB SSD, another 2GB RAM and W7, it'll playback everything (including bitstreaming too)....

So Eskro. If I am not very successful with openelec, are you saying that the one in the first post wouldn't run using windows 7? Uh oh, I was going to do that as a back-up, and I already paid.
(2012-03-21, 04:11)_RT_ Wrote:
(2012-03-21, 03:52)bluray Wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. Purchase canceled.
When the Xtreamer Ultra 2 DELUXE come out in April 5, it will be a very nice HTPC. I love the looks of the classic black Xtreamer passive case and it will be silent too....

(2012-03-21, 04:36)bluray Wrote:
(2012-03-21, 04:12)eskro Wrote: ZBOX-ID80-PLUS-U http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...3&Tpk=ID80
That is a better deal than the one in your first post, and it should work with any OS too. If you throw in 32GB SSD, another 2GB RAM and W7, it'll playback everything (including bitstreaming too)....

depends on what u mean by better..

the ZBOX-ID80-PLUS-U is wayy more pricier after adding up an SSD and another 2GB 204pin Ram Stick...

the CPU passmark is still around ~755, pretty much on par with an E-350 to be honest...

only thing u gain is full 3D playback via HDMI 1.4 ....
(2012-03-21, 04:56)rhmclay Wrote: So Eskro. If I am not very successful with openelec, are you saying that the one in the first post wouldn't run using windows 7? Uh oh, I was going to do that as a back-up, and I already paid.

Anyone know the answer? I would like to know that I could always throw windows 7 on it and use that for xbmc. But it sounds like that may not be a good solution.
(2012-03-21, 05:46)eskro Wrote: depends on what u mean by better..

the ZBOX-ID80-PLUS-U is wayy more pricier after adding up an SSD and another 2GB 204pin Ram Stick...
Well; if you throw in 32GB of SSD and another 2GB of RAM and Windows 7 in the Zotac E-350 at your first post, the price will be higher too....

(2012-03-21, 05:46)eskro Wrote: the CPU passmark is still around ~755, pretty much on par with an E-350 to be honest...

only thing u gain is full 3D playback via HDMI 1.4 ....
From my experience with E-350 (1.6GHz+HD6310+W7+XBMC), I'll take the D2700 (2.13GHz+GT520M+W7+XBMC) over it.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEAL] Zotac ZBOX-AD02-PLUS-U ($250)0