Linux Using VDPAU and Crystal HD in the same computer?
I just installed Eden, and I got it working just right. Thanks to the XBMC team!

While I was putting my hardware together, I found a spare Crystal HD card. I didn't install it; the machine I'm using has Ion graphics, and it plays back most of my stuff just wonderfully. But I also just got a Tivo, and I can extract files from there that currently require conversion (they're high bit-rate MPEG2 files). VDPAU acceleration doesn't help with that, but a Crystal HD card would... hmm.

What happens if I install both? Is there a way to configure Eden such that MPEG4/VC-1 uses VDPAU, but MPEG2 uses Crystal HD?

Thanks!
If you install the Crystal HD card and the requisite drivers, the option should show up in XBMC to use it. You can check both that and VDPAU and see if it works.
(2012-04-02, 03:10)pumkinut Wrote: If you install the Crystal HD card and the requisite drivers, the option should show up in XBMC to use it. You can check both that and VDPAU and see if it works.

I was kind of hoping that someone might have some insight instead of me experimenting Wink
I have CrystalHD enabled and VDPAU, when the video is greater than 720p crystalHD kicks in, anything less goes on VDPAU. At the minute I'm experiencing white/green specs (noise) randomly appearing on SD content when using VDPAU/VAAPI but this has nothing to do with the CrystalHD setup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using VDPAU and Crystal HD in the same computer?0