Control Youtube remote with android app
Hi,

I've read, that it's possible to remote control the youtube plugin (youtube leanback) but that does not work for my tablet / android phone. I would like to control it with my android app and wondering if that is possible.
I want to do that cause I hate using the virtual keyboard to search youtube videos. If the android app does not work, there's maybe an alternative (external keyboard.....)

Cheers,
derdude
Why not just use the official xbmc remote android app? The text input works quite well for me.
Tried it once. But XBMC hangs after text input. But it's a good advice. Try it again and if it
works, it would be ok for me.

Cheers,
derdude
if the xbmc app is installed on your device, then use your web browser and go to google and select videos. now search for anything. click on any of the "youtube" links and your phone should offer you the option to play to XBMC.

I found this to be the quickest way of browsing videos and playing them back on XBMC.

It doesn't work for "non" youtube links and it doesn't seem to work on youtubes website or android app which is why I use google video search.

RBX
Hi rudeboyx,

I am trying to do this from my android tablet with xbmc remote installed but cannot find the option.
I have searched for videos as you discribed, can you please explain to me how you did it?

Thanx
Ok I got it working, I had to open the youtube app and then found the option under "Share".
Could not get it working through the browser though.
(2012-08-16, 08:46)FranWilder Wrote: Ok I got it working, I had to open the youtube app and then found the option under "Share".

Awesome. This, to me, is ideal. I still want the YouTube app to open by default, because I use it the most, but this way I can then send it to the TV easily.

I hope the new "Pair with TV" option is supported by the XBMC app soon though.

(2012-11-14, 21:17)SorryGoFish Wrote:
(2012-08-16, 08:46)FranWilder Wrote: Ok I got it working, I had to open the youtube app and then found the option under "Share".

Awesome. This, to me, is ideal. I still want the YouTube app to open by default, because I use it the most, but this way I can then send it to the TV easily.

I hope the new "Pair with TV" option is supported by the XBMC app soon though.
+1 for the Pair with TV
Linux Mint: XBMC PVR Xvba
HTPC: AMD Fusion A8-3870k. ASRock A75 Pro4-M. 4GB DDR3. Intel 320 SSD 40GB . Silverstone ML03

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control Youtube remote with android app0