Better / more flat system menu structure
Being new to XBMC some elements in the system menu felt very unintuitive. Many settings under System/Video/Playback really belongs to System/System/Video output; such as hardware acceleration and refresh rate options. Being new to XBMC I've been walking into the wrong menu to change these settings numerous times.

So either move those settings to System/System/Video output or flatten out the menu structure, after all, you press "System" once in the main menu, why should you need to press System again?

If System/System should stay as it is now, then I would think network should be located under System/System aswell. I also don't get why there is a third (!) video settings only accessible from inside a movie, with settings like deinterlacing and post-processing. I can't really see why those options shouldn't be found in the normal System/System/Video output?

Otherwise I'm very grateful for having XBMC.
(2012-04-04, 12:22)snooze Wrote: Being new to XBMC some elements in the system menu felt very unintuitive. Many settings under System/Video/Playback really belongs to System/System/Video output; such as hardware acceleration and refresh rate options. Being new to XBMC I've been walking into the wrong menu to change these settings numerous times.

So either move those settings to System/System/Video output or flatten out the menu structure, after all, you press "System" once in the main menu, why should you need to press System again?
Changes already have been made

Quote:If System/System should stay as it is now, then I would think network should be located under System/System aswell. I also don't get why there is a third (!) video settings only accessible from inside a movie, with settings like deinterlacing and post-processing. I can't really see why those options shouldn't be found in the normal System/System/Video output?

Otherwise I'm very grateful for having XBMC.

These are independant for each video. So you can tweak those for that specific video
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-04-04, 13:30)Martijn Wrote: Changes already have been made

These are independant for each video. So you can tweak those for that specific video
Hm, you mean already been made for the next version after 11.0?

Yes but for example why not have a general option of "deinterlacing of interlaced media"? I think several options in there are general.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Better / more flat system menu structure1