Win Power and Bootup
So just setup my XBMC. and I LOVE it, much better than wdtv. Anyway I currently have an IR receiver that gets the inputs from logeitch. I was wondering how I can put the computer in hibernate and wake it up. My receiver is the chinavision one. Any help would be awesome.
There are many more details needed to fully answer that question. There are also a few threads out there about this such thing, but I'll give it the quick overview.

1. Your motherboards needs to support waking from s3,s4 or s5. Either by usb or an onboard CIR port.
2. Your IR device needs to support waking from s3,s4 or s5. (I do not know what the chinavision receiver is)
3. Setup the power options in Windows to put the PC to sleep/hibernate at your desired times.
4. Use the XBMC power menu to set the PC to sleep/hibernate. (you can also send the direct command to do this by editing your remote software or the creating a custom remote.xml file and editing it to your liking)
OK thanks. I'll check when I get home. Any program auto detect if my motherboard can be woken from sleep state? Also anyway to set it to rescan library on wake up, not start up. Or resume
Try passmark's sleeper app.

I do not think there is an option for doing a scan on resuming from standby. There is an auto library updater add-on. You can use that to set a schedule for the updates.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Power and Bootup0