new ZOTAC ZBOX nano ID61
finally i found in an italian shop the "zotac zbox nano id 61" (barebone) i would know if someone have idea how it works with XBMC.
i would install windows 7 pro, i don't know how much ram i'll use, it will be the 3rd htpc in my wireless lan.
i had read something about the zotac ad10 (amd based) problems with particulars configuration.
advices will be appreciatid.
peppe
I tried the Zotac nano e350 config myself a few months ago and the only problem that made it unuseable for me was the inability for it to stream Netflix @1080p. Basically the ongoing problem is that silverlight was never optimized for the e350 gpu. And now since we've seen what is most likely Microsofts last iteration of silverlight (v5), the problem will most likely never be solved. However I believe that Netflix will be moving to an HTML5 streamer. Overall though the e350 was obviously not as fast as my i3 2100 based streamers, but fast enough- and that was the price I was will to pay for the tiny form factor.

Also, since the ID61 uses the Intel celeron 867, we're looking at a completely different animal. I think the only way for you to know if it works well for streaming, due to the new processor, is by giving it a go. I know there are a few notebooks out there with the 867 in them, and the general feedback is that they are a bit sluggish- but that is for notebook use and users are more than likely doing cpu intensive apps, rather than the gpu oriented needed for a good streamer.

I'll definitely give it a go when it's introduced in the US- as the form factor is just what I need. In the meantime if you get ahold of one please give me your feedback.
yep, already ordered stay tuned.
peppe
Hi,

Just buy this Zbox. I install XBMC with openelec, but i have some issue with the sound by HDMI.
Did you have the same issue ? do you know how to solve it ?

Thanks
hi, i'm going to install windows seven 64bit. i let you know if i'll have issues.
peppe
today i've set up my system.......
zotac nano zbox id61, as from title, windows seven 64bit 4gb of ram and a old 80gb's hd (from 2005) and xbmc eden (no nightly at the moment).
i'm quite happy.
as 1st thing i have had to reduce the fan speed from bios it was too noisy for me in automatic mode (i have setted at 2500rpm).
@BadCommand
i've played some videos in streming 480p and 720p are realy smooth but with videos at 1080p i have some problem but i had same issues with other machines (buffer problems).
@cochise (i read that you solved)
i have connected my zbox to my tvled with the hdmi and than the tvled to my audio receiver through an Optical Audio SPDIF Cable. it sounds good!
my ledtv recognized the 1080, but the receiver doesn't recognize audio coded stream but only pcm..
if i connect the zotac to the receiver through the Optical Audio SPDIF Cable everything works fine.
i have a issues using the default audio player (paplayer) to play mp3. the stream start about 10 seconds after i pressed the paly button (same issue from a track to another).
i solved by setting up dvdplayer as audio player from advancedsettings.xml.
i have to fully configure the zotac remote to "talk the same language" of xbmc half buttons doesn't work (xbmc ignore them).
i read something about it in the forum, i'll use eventghost. but not now.......
that's what i see after a couple of hours of use. updates in next days.

peppe
I just ordered a Zotac ID61 and would like to use it with OpenElec does someone knows if the version Intel
OpenELEC 2.0 (Beta 3) - 1.95.3 Intel x86_64 (95 MB) MD5 has fixed the HDMI Sound issues?
(2012-05-08, 14:59)bigboy008 Wrote: I just ordered a Zotac ID61 and would like to use it with OpenElec does someone knows if the version Intel
OpenELEC 2.0 (Beta 3) - 1.95.3 Intel x86_64 (95 MB) MD5 has fixed the HDMI Sound issues?

cochise has solved, i read something in the OpenELEC forum.
i found simply searching xbmc + id61 on google.
he has explained how to use sound via hdmi.
peppe

Thinking to buy this also.Anybody has a chance to try some AVCHD 2.0 (new camcorders and cameras) 1080p60 28 Mbit/s clips ? It plays smooth, any lost frames? Thanks.
(2012-05-08, 19:10)baluba Wrote: Thinking to buy this also.Anybody has a chance to try some AVCHD 2.0 (new camcorders and cameras) 1080p60 28 Mbit/s clips ? It plays smooth, any lost frames? Thanks.
if you give me a link to download a sample i can try! Big Grin
peppe

There are some clips here:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonynex5n/11

You need to download the original "mts" files and play them, if you just play the clips on Vimeo you don't get the full resolution and bit rate.
You may need to have some additional codecs installed for mts and m2ts files (AVCHD).
Also here some more samples:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonynex7/24

and here:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonyslta77/22

I'm not sure if the hardware acceleration works for 1080p60 (read somewhweere that it does not), so the CPU may have to do it (curios at what percentage CPU stays when playing these clips).
(2012-05-09, 16:22)baluba Wrote: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonynex7/24

downloaded from that link, when i'll be at home i try to play the file and let you know.

peppe

[EDIT]

i try to play through a remote connection from my office and the video starts without other codecs.
for the full test i have to be at home.

peppe
(2012-05-09, 17:12)peppe_sr Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 16:22)baluba Wrote: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonynex7/24

downloaded from that link, when i'll be at home i try to play the file and let you know.

peppe

[EDIT]

i try to play through a remote connection from my office and the video starts without other codecs.
for the full test i have to be at home.

peppe

Thanks. For any other codecs I use these package: http://shark007.net/ , (you need to install also a second one for x64 components). I use this for some time on all my systems. Lots of settings and configurations , if you want to play with. I know that most applications, including Media Center will use the codecs and configurations you set, and most other applications.I suppose XBMC will use these also. One exception is VLC player which uses it's own build in codecs.
here i am
test passed using the windows media player.
test not passed using xbmc. the file played through xbmc is crap. i seem to be always under buffer. it goes into pause after a couple of seconds of playback. do you think i have to install something to play the file in the right way. any suggestion is welcome.
each test without other software installed as coodec or something else
peppe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new ZOTAC ZBOX nano ID610