RSS Feed/Hardware accel glitch
I'm finally done configuring a freh XBMCbuntu installation on a GA-A75M-D2H motherboard with the A6-3500 fusion processor. Getting the sound to work took a little figuring like many others i've been reading about but now that is all taken care of i'm noticing a very subtle issue which seems to be possibly related to the hardware acceleration.

The main symptom is a slight slowdown/speedup action of the RSS feed which can be also seen synchronous with the 3d-bars visualization when playing a music file. The movement of both will seem to slow down then after a few seconds quickly catch up to a faster speed, then slow down again consistently. I also noticed that when observing the fps on the system information menu I can watch it jump from 99-300fps in sync with the same action. When watching video i see no evident slowdown although when running 1080p only during very high bandwidth screen sweeps there is a quick flash of one or two lines through the video that appeared to be in sync with it again. Other than that minor flash, the video runs great and if it werent for all four of those items appearing to exhibit the same behavior I would say the system is running as intended.

I looked into swapping the hardware acceleration options around within XBMC, as well as downloading and installing the newest catalyst drivers from amd with no change to the issue. Its not going to ruin my xbmc experience but the whole thing flagged me as not normal. Anyone else seeing the same thing?
what you see is probably telecine judder. Try to set v-sync to always on and adjust display to video to on.
Well setting the vsync fixed the minor video tearing on the high bandwidth spots for the hidef files. The 3d music visualization and rss feed are still affected however. Its a minor annoyance, but all in all I'm enjoying the new version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RSS Feed/Hardware accel glitch0