Switching Skins - Updating TV Show banners with posters
I have XBMC 11, though had this issue with 10 as well...

I have my skin set and TV Series showing up with banner art. I switched skins, set the content to prefer posters, then updated library and scanned for new content, but everything still shows with banners not poster art.

Is there a way to force XBMC to update it's TV Series content?
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
'Scan for new content' does just what it says and will not refresh the 'old' content, for that you'll need to Refresh each show but not the episodes.
Oh... brutal... I have about 100 series on here, had hoped to be able to do it from the main folder and let it run while I grab a coffee.

Almost not worth it to switch skins if having to manually re-scrape each show... though worth it when Ellipsis has a skin for v11. Eager for that release.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
just remove them all from your library and then update library and (for me) it keeps the watched status when they are re added.

Test it with just one show first though
I sorta did that actually... installed a 2nd drive and split the movies/tv series between the two... figured at that point blow away XBMC and start fresh with the current release.

Updating IMDB now with alternate titles.

Though, that being said... still a pain if ever wanting to switch skins often. Almost forces you to pick one and stick with it long term.
A lot of skins use banner.jpg for their banner views to make it easier.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switching Skins - Updating TV Show banners with posters0