Win Can I make things louder?
Music 
I don't believe that this is necessarily an xbmc problem but I moved over from Windows Media Center in the hope that I could solve this problem.

I'm finding that some media doesn't play back very loudly. I have external speakers at full blast and some video plays back fine at normal playback but many videos (I think both mkvs and mp4s) require me to put the volume of xbmc at full blast to hear!

I'm running Eden on Windows 7 32-bit.

I'm sure that this is some kind of a codec issue, but I just don't know where to go to fix this.

I tried the volume amplification but it sounded awful.

Help!
Do these files have 5.1 soundtracks? In settings\system\audio output make sure your settings are correct for your setup. If you only have stereo speakers set it accordingly and choose boost volume level on downmix.
My guess is that you are playing 5.1 audio via a 2.0 or 2.1 speaker setup. I think there is an option to boost volume on downmix, but I'm not sure if that would help. Give it a try.
So my sound system is 5.1 but unfortunately it's only getting stereo from my computer. So I changed to stereo in xbmc and did boost volume as you suggested but it hasn't helped.
The issue maybe your sound system and how you have it connected. If you have a 5.1 system you should look into getting a good digital connection from the PC to the sound system.
You are quite right. Unfortunately I purchased a sound system without a digital input :-(
None at all! No optical or coaxial or hdmi? What about 5.1 analog inputs?
Nope! Just stereo input. I was quite upset and tried to return it but without success. I really don't want to buy a new system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I make things louder?0