'lastPlayed' data for videos remains after being deleted from .db
Hello,

I am running XBMC eden 11.0 on Win7 x64 SP1. I'm running into an issue where i play a video, and it gives me the standard option of resuming form a certain point, or starting from the beginning. Previously (before v11.0), i would use SQLiteSpy to delete 'lastPlayed' entries for all files in the 'files' table in MyVideos.db - this would make it so all videos would start from the beginning by default. Now, though, deleting these does not change anything - some of the videos still give the option to resume from the same point as before.

1) after resuming the video, the file in MyVideos.db now has a new entry for 'lastPlayed' in the 'files' table. again, deleting it doesn't remove the resume time on the next XBMC startup.
2) there is nothing for lastplayed in the .nfo for the video.

Here is the debug log from where i simply started XBMC, navigated to the first video in my list (3:10 to Yuma), and hit 'enter' twice (1st to bring up the resume menu, and 2nd to play the video from the resume time).

I can't figure out where it is pulling this data from. Where else would it be stored now in v11.0?

I tried searching but came up with nothing. Is this a known issue?

Thanks...
The information is not (nor has it ever been) in the files table.

The information has always been in the bookmarks table. There's a particular bookmark type that corresponds to the resume bookmark.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-04-20, 05:30)jmarshall Wrote: The information is not (nor has it ever been) in the files table.

The information has always been in the bookmarks table. There's a particular bookmark type that corresponds to the resume bookmark.
Thank you for the response.

I have to admit that I'm a bit puzzled by it, because it was actually you who had directed me to the files table about 18 months ago:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid654677

And I had used it to remove the history previously. I noticed that they're weren't many entries in the bookmark table (a table I have never touched), and no entries for some videos that I have played in the past...not sure what I am missing here.

Still, deleting the rows in the bookmark table did work. Thanks for your help.
No he told you the files table for something else, then on page 2 told you where the resume points were stored.

(2010-11-30, 20:28)kmfdm515 Wrote: the only place in the database that i saw 'lastplayed' was in the videoviews (not editable). anyone know where in the DB it is actually stored?
(2010-11-30, 22:12)jmarshall Wrote: files table.
(2011-02-14, 21:06)kmfdm515 Wrote: ...when i go into the myvideos database and delete any entires for 'playCount' and 'lastPlayed' in the 'files' table, it doesn't seem to affect the resume points. after restarting xbmc, the files still bring up a resume point when i hit play.

what am i missing? is there somewhere else in the DB that these points are stored?
(2011-02-15, 00:03)jmarshall Wrote: bookmarks.
(2011-02-15, 16:22)kmfdm515 Wrote: edit: removed all rows from the bookmark table and it worked perfectly. thanks!
ah, my mistake. sorry for any confusion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'lastPlayed' data for videos remains after being deleted from .db0