• 2(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
(2012-04-25, 22:02)mortstar Wrote: Is there a reason why IMDB thumbs are not optional? They are pretty much the worst source

option added.

(2012-04-27, 15:27)krish_2k4 Wrote: It is missing UK certifications for IMDB on the list.

fixed (how this could've happened?Wink.

Released in the official repo.
top man!

is this going to replace the IMDB and TMDB scrapers? Should I delete them?

edit: works a treat! top stuff!
Poster from TMDB is returning only the english.

For movie Chronicle I expected this image:

http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/76726-ch...anguage=pt

But returned the english one.

Can you check it?

Thanks
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
(2012-04-28, 19:09)tinybutstrong Wrote: Poster from TMDB is returning only the english.

For movie Chronicle I expected this image:

http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/76726-ch...anguage=pt

But returned the english one.

Can you check it?

Thanks

Well, changelog from TMDb:
2012-04-28 16:20:53 UTC - PT - linkpunisher - Image was changed to: A poster was uploaded.

Can you conclude?
I hate TMDB and their slow cache update.

Thanks again.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
(2012-04-28, 19:41)tinybutstrong Wrote: I hate TMDB and their slow cache update.

Thanks again.

If you start paying for the server they might remove the cache .....
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Don't know if it is the scraper that causes the problem but some title's for exempel this one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1183732/ when using original title i get strange characters/symbols in the title so it look's fucked up.
(2012-04-29, 12:19)vw88 Wrote: ...so it look's fucked up.

Just like your report...
well it looks like this don't know if it helps, maybe should try get a log file to figure out what's wrong?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811...t000md.png

http://pastebin.com/HMjekRY0 submit a log file, maybe it could help
That's very weird. I can't reproduce this, however I tried to address the issue in scraper version 1.0.3.

Please try with this one (not sure if it will work, but as being said - I can't test) after updated (your can use force update from context menu on the Team-XBMC repo to fasten the update process).
Didn't work but thanks for trying anyway Smile Only way to fix the problem was to change the nfo files manualy for every movie that had this problem and then remove and re-add the movie to the library.

Keep up the good work with this,
my movies library suddenly disappeared yesterday. i finally had to delete the .db file, so rescanning my library is a great chance to try this out (could it have been a stroke of fate?? Big Grin). i let you know what i think of the results/preformance.
@olympia thanks for the scraper came here to ask if we can get a scraper that does both and sure enough i found this. Is it possible to add an option where it will look for IMDB first and if it is not found then goes to TMDB database? The reason i ask is some of the Indian movies are in IMDB and not in TMDB and some are in TMDB and not in IMDB so that has always been my problem and i keep updating the info manually. If you could add this that would be really great.

Thanks
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
Thanks Olympia, this add-on is a great idea. I'm writing up my experiences with it so far in case it is useful for you or other users, but some or all of these problems may be due to my own inexperience with xbmc.
  1. When I tried to download the add-on from within xbmc, the download aborts immediately. Here is the log:
    Code:
    01:58:13 T:2156 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
    01:58:13 T:2156   ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
    01:58:13 T:2156   ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden/metadata.universal/metadata.universal-1.0.2.zip.md5>
    01:58:15 T:6168 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
    01:58:15 T:6168   ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.

So I manually downloaded the zip file, but when I tried to install it from within xbmc I got an error about missing dependencies.
    Code:
    <requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.metadata" version="1.0"/>
        <import addon="metadata.common.themoviedb.org" version="2.1.4"/>
        <import addon="metadata.common.movieposterdb.com" version="1.0.5"/>
        <import addon="metadata.common.imdb.com" version="2.2.1"/>
        <import addon="metadata.common.impa.com" version="1.0.3"/>
        <import addon="metadata.common.hdtrailers.net" version="1.0.7"/>
        <import addon="metadata.common.youtubetrailers" version="1.0.4"/>
        <import addon="metadata.common.rt.com" version="1.3.0"/>
        <import addon="metadata.common.ofdb.de" version="1.0.0"/>
      </requires>
    Using the above from universal's addons.xml as a guide, I downloaded and installed each addon (apart from xbmc.metadata) as a zip individually. The universal scraper then successfully installed huzzah!

2. Australia was not listed in the IMDb certification settings. Adding it to %AppData%\XBMC\addons\metadata.universal\resources\settings.xml seemed to allow Australian ratings to be scraped without causing additional problems.

3. I set it to download most info from IMDb, but grab ratings from RottenTomatoes. After my first scrape, the IMDb data looks like it's all there, but about 10% of movies are missing ratings. Mostly for the more obscure titles, but some of which I thought would be easily locatable such as "Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem (2007)" and "Devil (2010)". I haven't attempted any investigation as to why this happened yet; will have another crack at it in a couple of days when I have more time.

(2012-04-29, 19:02)vw88 Wrote: Didn't work but thanks for trying anyway Smile Only way to fix the problem was to change the nfo files manualy for every movie that had this problem and then remove and re-add the movie to the library.

Keep up the good work with this,

To change what nfo? Do you have an nfo there?

Edit: are you for sure trying with scraper v1.0.3?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9