• 75(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
There was an update of Universal Movie Scraper. Version 2.7.2 does not work, but version 2.8 (from official repository) works really well again (with themoviedb.org). Try to force update of repository and addons, should work.
(2016-02-17, 23:47)sulti Wrote: There was an update of Universal Movie Scraper. Version 2.7.2 does not work, but version 2.8 (from official repository) works really well again (with themoviedb.org). Try to force update of repository and addons, should work.

I had to manually get the update but still no movie posters. Was this update supposed to solve that issue?
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
Not sure if it was related, but I now updated The Movie Database Scraper and it's getting thumbs. Big Grin
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
I updated the Universal Scraper recently, and am no longer getting ratings (although all other movie information is added correctly). Is the rating scraper still functional?
Hi All, just to notify that I'm not able to download posters (thumbs)...I have selected themoviedb...but not success!

In addition to that, I saw that there are to add-on named "The Movie Database", both with the same description and different versions (3.9.0 and 1.3.1). I have tried to remove both and reinstall starting from the link provided above by curtis-r...but they go back to that versions even if the one pointed by curtis seems to be 2.14.0...

I'm puzzled...
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Movie posters don't scrape correctly anymore. Any fix?
(2016-02-24, 12:36)rateitall Wrote: I updated the Universal Scraper recently, and am no longer getting ratings (although all other movie information is added correctly). Is the rating scraper still functional?

I have the same issue, but only on some movies, I configured scraping ratings from IMDB. (example, this one doesn't work: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2402101/)

UPDATE: This evening I refreshed the info on the movies with no rating and this time it worked, yesterday refresh didn't work. So I guess it was a problem on IMDB side.
(2016-02-28, 15:39)Axel Foley Wrote: I have the same issue, but only on some movies, I configured scraping ratings from IMDB. (example, this one doesn't work: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2402101/)

UPDATE: This evening I refreshed the info on the movies with no rating and this time it worked, yesterday refresh didn't work. So I guess it was a problem on IMDB side.

Unfortunately this didn't help. I've tried changing the source of the rating between the various providers, with no luck.
(2016-02-29, 09:15)rateitall Wrote: Unfortunately this didn't help. I've tried changing the source of the rating between the various providers, with no luck.
It's not clear from your post. Did you refresh the individual videos that have issues (in the contextual menu)? Where did you change the settings? It's quite common that people change the addon settings expecting that this will change the scraper settings for already existing sources. It actually only changes the default settings that will be used when new sources are added. To change the settings for an existing source you will have to navigate to that source and edit it.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2016-02-29, 15:34)wgstarks Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 09:15)rateitall Wrote: Unfortunately this didn't help. I've tried changing the source of the rating between the various providers, with no luck.
It's not clear from your post. Did you refresh the individual videos that have issues (in the contextual menu)? Where did you change the settings? It's quite common that people change the addon settings expecting that this will change the scraper settings for already existing sources. It actually only changes the default settings that will be used when new sources are added. To change the settings for an existing source you will have to navigate to that source and edit it.
OK, this was very helpful, thanks. There were two issues:

- in experimenting to find out what was wrong, I was indeed only changing the Add-On default settings, not the specific source settings
- the Metacritic rating scraper doesn't seem to be working, which is what the source was set to before

I changed the source scraper setting to the Rottentomatoes Average Critic rating (not the regular Tomatometer one), which is usually very close to the Metacritic rating which is an average as well. It would be even closer if there was a "Top Critics Only" sub-option for Rottentomatoes.

I haven't tested to see if the source settings inherits changes to the default settings if the source settings were never changed individually; it probably should if it doesn't.

Also, btw, I can't get to the "Ratings" settings tab without a keyboard; the arrow buttons don't work when clicked with a mouse, I have to use the right and left arrow keys to get there. At least the arrows were there to indicate that there were more tabs, I wouldn't have known otherwise. This is using the default Kodi skin.

Thanks for the help, glad to get this working.
Hey dev, can you add support to PT-BR lang to TMDB options? think they implemented it recently, also if possible notify people @ official kodi TMDB scrapper to check this.

For now, both scrapper has only PT in lang list.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
(2016-03-01, 00:29)rateitall Wrote: - the Metacritic rating scraper doesn't seem to be working, which is what the source was set to before

This has been fixed now. Thanks for reporting.
Hey, I recently changed from the default scraper to the Universal Movie Scraper, and for some reason now its only scraping about 10% of my movies.
I've tried switching back to the default scraper and now its doing the same thing. I've tried deleting the sources and starting fresh. I've uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to be working.
Any idea how I can resolve this? (Other than manually correcting each one which would take forever)

An example of my naming convention is: Aloha (2015) - [Adventure-Comedy, PG-13, 4.9, AAC, 2ch] - 1920x1040.mp4
I realize its long, but it worked in the past.

Any help or insight into this would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, can you insert serbian language? I manually insert SR code in your add-on, but I would love if you permanenly insert that.
(2016-03-13, 04:20)tinybutstrong Wrote: Hey dev, can you add support to PT-BR lang to TMDB options? think they implemented it recently, also if possible notify people @ official kodi TMDB scrapper to check this.

For now, both scrapper has only PT in lang list.

(2016-03-21, 12:34)stagezin Wrote: Hi, can you insert serbian language? I manually insert SR code in your add-on, but I would love if you permanenly insert that.

Done and done in v2.8.1
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9