Fatal Error when upgrading to Eden
Exclamation 
Been running XBMC for years since the old Xbox days. Just went to upgrade v10 to v11 Eden on my Win7 HTPC and received this error when attempting to launch Eden after installation:

XBMC: Fatal Error
Uh oh, can't load sqlite3.dll, exiting.

When I close out of the error and try to relaunch XBMC I get this other error message:

XBMC.exe - Bad Image
C:\windows\system32\msvcr100.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system admin or the software vendor for support.

I have tried installing a new version of this file from dll files.com but still get the same error. This file is from the c++ dist pkg, I believe.

The system is running win7 32bit. It is only for XBMC. the only other apps installed are firefox and vlc. I have tried to install XBMC several times including clean installs. I have also tried removing all packages related to XBMC including C++ dist 2008 and 2010 and reinstalling without success.

I can reinstall v10 and it works each time without a hitch.

Note: this happened when attempting to install the v11 Eden RC also.

Please help! I want my Eden!!
HTPC #1: Acer AX3200-U3600A Slimline PC | Win7 64bit | AMD Phenom X3 | 4gb ram | 320gb hd | Onboard nvidia 8200 w/HDMI out

HTPC #2: HP Slimline S3220n | Win7 64bit | AMD X2 | 2gb ram | 160gb hd | Onboard nvidia 6150se (nforce 430) w/VGA out

Lenovo N5901 Mini Wireless KB | Harmony One & 650
Strange. Grab the copy of msvcr100.dll from my web site http://swarchive.ratsauce.co.uk/xbmc/
I am having the same problem and the .dll file didnt fix it just created a new problem for me ( with that .dll file in the program filles it tries to run but then gets xmbx has encoutered a problem and needs to close.

Could I get some help with this?
The dll should go in C:\Windows\system32 or C:\Windows\SysWOW64 if you use 64 bit Windows.
I got this error but I did not have to download the .dll to fix it

I got it fixed by uninstalling it completely then reinstalling it with administrator privilages and that worked for me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fatal Error when upgrading to Eden0