Big brother north america 2005
the show starts in a few weeks here in the good ol u.s.a. i used it last year to watch in on real player is there anyway to make a script for this to be viewable through xbmc?
i second that request. i have paid for the super pass, but i'd rather use xbmc on the tv than the computer screen. any tips, hints, suggestions?
--jaga
any url if you need help from those who don't know this... thank you
the urls for these streams can be found here [towards the top of the page]:

http://www.ilovereality.com/bigbrother/bb6/index.html

but the one that i tend to play the most would be:

rtsp://start.real.com/rd?pid=bb6_live&url=quad_225.rm

i've done a packet dump using libpcap/ethereal, and it seems to me that this is a non-standard rtsp server. it doesn't provide the same signature a helix server would, and i can't seem to find the actual rm file url. i also know you need to be logged in to view this, and i've at least tried the rtsp://username:password@url syntax w/ no luck.
--jaga
oh yes! please please please someone help get this going. i've also paid for the superpass and hate (absolutely hate) real player, i would absolutely love to see this on xbmc!
i take it no one ever did this?
i believe it searches for a cookie once you login to real networks.

i think this because once i log in, i close realone player and then i can use real alternative to watch the streams via links i made.

can no one make a script for this? would be a hell of alot better to have this on my tv then my monitor were we can hardly watch it with more then 1 person.
flying cow: you are quite right about it using cookies. for whatever reason, i could not authenticate at work, so what i did was export my cookies from internet explorer at home, and import them at work. now, like yourself, i am able to watch using real alternative. however, i was able to watch via xbmc which is much nicer then my little 15.4 inch laptop screen... doing so is a little more tedious then i had hoped.

while running a packet sniffer on my windows box, i connect to one of the streams in real alternative. once it is playing, i check the packet sniffer for traffic on port 554. now it appears this is the way the big brother stream works:

1. we connect to one of the streams.
2. it validates the cookie you have saved.
3. it then redirects you to a new url for the stream:
eq: rtsp://rx-wes-sea38.rbn.com:554/farm/*/cbs/cbs/bb6/secure/live/quad_225.rm?rbnkey=2005081814573ca991dfc04f8996ee99f02578319bc6&case=ok

this new url is time sensitive, but you have a good minute or two to copy this into a .strm file, ftp it up to your xbox, and start it from xbmc > video > yourfile.strm

now obviously this is tedious because everytime you want to change to a different process, you need to first view it in real alternative, copy the new url from your packet sniffer log, and then upload it to your xbox as a .strm file. i am looking into automating the process, but have not been able to do so yet.

i am hoping someone with more network socket experience then i have can create an app to automate this by sending the apprpropriate headers and parsing the responses on port 554 to superpass.real.com.

-prestige
i've knocked together a quick and dirty set of scripts for watching bb6 in xbmc. it requires a little tcp info to add your superpass info. it's crude, but it works for me:

http://www.chaosorder.org/dev/bb6/bigbrother.zip

-p
thank you prestige works well. very little trouble setting it up (except finding a suitable tcp sniffer).

only problem i seem to be having is the sound is not sync'd with the video. any tips on a solution?
got this script running for the 2006 feeds but the video lags way behind the audio. is this a problem with realvideo10 in xbmc? anybody get this working this year?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Big brother north america 20050