Win 3D full bluray on AMD E450
Hello guys,

Does anyone have any experience playing back full 3d bluray on an AMD E450 machine?

I find that it is very choppy and stutters like crazy. Is the E450 powerful enough for this

thanks
What OS are you using, how much memory, are you playing the content locally or over the network, does everything else play okay?
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

Well i have got Windows 7 on my machine with 4GB RAM.. everything else plays perfectly with no stutter. I am using TMT5 and PowerDVD 12

The content is on a external USB drive
Necrobump!

I have an Acer Revo RL70 (E450 based) running Win7 with 4GB RAM and SSD and I concur with the OP.

It can take any content except 3D Blu Ray.

In my case I'm streaming the content from a WHS2011 machine, but I don't believe the stutter is network related.

I put one of the MiniPCIe slots on the Revo to good use with an Intel 82574L based NIC, the server has an Intel i350-T2 NIC using LACP and the switch is a rather capable D-Link DGS-1210-10P.

In summary, I don't believe the E450 is suitable for this application. I'm moving to an A6 or A8 based HTPC and flogging the Revo... Shame really, it's a very capable and quiet little thing...

I just got one recently myself. I will test it out next week and share my thoughts.

(2012-06-15, 20:20)poofyhairguy Wrote: I just got one recently myself. I will test it out next week and share my thoughts.

This would be great to know as i was thinking of getting this for a bedroom setup and i want 1080p thanks for taking one fotr the team
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
You don't have to thank me, I love computer hardware and I have been looking forward to testing the E450. Just please be patient with me as I am now thinking I want to test in both OSes.

frlm my research the processor cant handle 3d bluray and you dont have a good enough gpu for any assistance
(2012-11-21, 07:16)calgaryleb Wrote: frlm my research the processor cant handle 3d bluray and you dont have a good enough gpu for any assistance

I have the rl70 myself - the one with the bluray drive onboard, although the rest of the hardware is the same. Out of the box the revo wouldn't play bluray. An error came up about not having aacs library. I installed powerdvd 12, five minutes later I was playing a bluray disc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D full bluray on AMD E4500