Problems showing Movie Set art with master lock set.
I wonder if anyone can help me with this. It's not a huge problem, more of an annoyance than anything else. It also happens no matter what skin I use.

I have 2 XBMC profiles, one for kids and the other for general viewing (master account). I don't have a passlock on the kids account but for obvious reason, the master account is locked with a numeric passcode. On the master account, I have movie sets enabled. The problem comes when I am scrolling through my movie library and hi-light a movie set. The artwork will not show for the actual movie set unless I go to the pop up menu (press left from media info view) and select unlock sources. I then put in the master code again (even though I have logged in with this code) and then the movie set art shows for each set.

I have checked, double checked and even remade the accounts and rebuilt the library. I do not have any sources locked at all, the only lock is the master account passcode/master lock. When I log off then log back onto the master account, the movie sets again stop displaying art and I have to re-unlock the sources.

Is this a bug, or is it designed this way, but why would fanart from movie sets be locked away but normal movie fanart show ?

I'm using an XBMCBuntu alpha 12 version with a VDPAU patch applied by FernetMenta. Perhaps it is the build I'm using as I have only tried with profiles after using this build. Can anyone confirm that this is normal behaviour on a normal Eden release as I do not have the time to try 11.0 right now. IF it is normal behaviour, is there a way around it ?

EDIT:

I installed XBMC Eden on a windows machine, made a small library with some movie sets and created a master lock code. The same behaviour occurs, movie sets themselves do not show any art when hi-lighted. I must "unlock sources" in order for the movie set art to show. Surely this can't be intentional behaviour ? I'd like some clarity before I submit a bug report or a feature suggestion, can some other people please confirm this is the same behaviour they are experiencing?

Many thanks
Anyone ?
Are the movies in the movie set on a locked share? In Eden, all we do is check for art on the first movie in the set IIRC, and if found cache that for the set itself.

In latest nightlies, the sets themselves will have the art available in the art table, so (once initially found at least) should not have this issue I should think.

Basically, what would be required here is a minimal set of instructions on how to reproduce. eg it might be as simple as 3 movies (2 of which are in a set) on a locked source or some such?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for getting back to me, none of my sources have any type of lock on them. I've also tried local and a samba share for the source, neither made a difference. The only way I can get the art to display on a set is by unlcocking sources and entering the master code, which is very strange. I've also tried this on XBMCBuntu & XBMC Eden for windows (both with completely separate libraries and sources)
I have the same behavior on Openelec 2.0 "Eden" build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems showing Movie Set art with master lock set.0