[REQUEST] Coursera Add-On
I would love to watch Coursera.org lectures from my couch. Anyone up to the task?
(2012-06-03, 01:16)Jodeit Wrote: I would love to watch Coursera.org lectures from my couch. Anyone up to the task?

I'll take a crack at it...
I agree, I would love such a Plugin, would be willing to donate.
Just got a basic version working locally, will try to upload a zip for testing in a day or so...stay tuned.
Any progress?
I needed to start a course asap. So I've put together my own basic version Smile
(2012-10-05, 21:00)newatv2user Wrote: I needed to start a course asap. So I've put together my own basic version Smile

Would you be willing to share? Had never heard of Coursera before until I saw this thread a couple of days ago -- it's a fantastic resource!
Coursera

But, there's a catch. I use parsedom, current version 1.2.0 of which throws all kinds of error. I installed 1.1.0 and bumped the version to prevent automatic update. So unless you do that, there's a chance it might not work.
(2012-10-05, 21:00)newatv2user Wrote: I needed to start a course asap. So I've put together my own basic version Smile

Ah, nice work!

I was trying to get course enrollment working before I pushed to the official repos. I guess I should just get it out there though, even if it only lists your currently enrolled courses.
You mean, ability to enroll from within the addon? That would be great.
(2012-10-06, 15:47)newatv2user Wrote: You mean, ability to enroll from within the addon? That would be great.

Yep. I have it working. The only issue is that you are able to enroll for courses that haven't started yet, therefore there is no video. Trying to figure out how to best structure the addon so that is clear to the end user.
Yeah that might be confusing. I only list the enrolled courses that are active. Good enough for me at the moment. I will keep an eye out for yours though.
(2012-10-06, 03:32)newatv2user Wrote: Coursera

But, there's a catch. I use parsedom, current version 1.2.0 of which throws all kinds of error. I installed 1.1.0 and bumped the version to prevent automatic update. So unless you do that, there's a chance it might not work.
Woh, I used this plugin for a few days, and works great!
However this morning it stopped working and just throws errors. It probably has to do with that parsedom 1.2.0, because I have no idea what that is or how to change it Tongue
Can someone help me get it working again? I love to watch coursera video's from my couch. Smile

Here is an extract from my xbmc.log
Code:
14:06:04 T:139880367404800  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:06:04 T:139880367404800  NOTICE: CommonFunctions-1.2.0
14:06:04 T:139880367404800  NOTICE: courses
14:06:05 T:139880367404800   ERROR: Error Type: <class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>
14:06:05 T:139880367404800   ERROR: Error Contents: HTTP Error 404: NOT FOUND
14:06:05 T:139880367404800   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/stefan/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.coursera/default.py", line 281, in <module>
                                                main()
                                              File "/home/stefan/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.coursera/default.py", line 89, in main
                                                courses()
                                              File "/home/stefan/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.coursera/default.py", line 156, in courses
                                                UID = cache.cacheFunction(Login)['ID']
                                              File "/home/stefan/.xbmc/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/lib/StorageServer.py", line 544, in cacheFunction
                                                ret_val = funct(*args)
                                              File "/home/stefan/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.coursera/default.py", line 205, in Login
                                                opener.open(CSRF_URL)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 406, in open
                                                response = meth(req, response)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 519, in http_response
                                                'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 444, in error
                                                return self._call_chain(*args)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 378, in _call_chain
                                                result = func(*args)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 527, in http_error_default
                                                raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
                                            HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: NOT FOUND
14:06:05 T:139881767520128   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.coursera
14:06:05 T:139881767520128   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.coursera) failed
Unfortunately it's a URL issue. The access to the URL to get the csrf token has been removed. So until we find an alternate way to get the token, I don't think this will be fixed.
Ok, here's a slightly modified version for users who were already using this addon (meaning, you have a session cookie saved. If you have never used this addon before, you're out of luck, until we figure out something else.).

https://www.box.com/s/pbw3b6pv6a1v1hvapq8z

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Coursera Add-On0