Delay on commercial skip
I am having issues with a delay (15-20 seconds) when commercials are skipped in XBMC.

When it gets to a commercial break, XBMC appears to freeze for 15-20 seconds (blank screen and it won't accept any input) before resuming. It honors the cut list correctly (skips the entire commercial break properly), but the delay is rather irritating. I am currently running Eden in XBMCBuntu; I did not have this problem with Dharma running on a Windows Vista Machine.

I record OTA television using an antenna and mythbuntu (MythTV 0.25) and mark commercials with mythcommflag; shows are served up from the mythtv server to XBMC using samba (same for old and new XBMC installations).

Has anyone else run into this? Any thoughts?

I see this to a lesser extent. I'll see a 5-7 second delay and it happens infrequently. Using m2ts files with txt files generated by comskip (Tivo -> kmttg -> TSRemux -> Comskip -> XBMC)
Update:

I've installed EDEN on a Windows Vista machine and still see the delay.
Any ideas??
P.S. My boxee does not have any delay on commercial skip for the same files.
I'm running XBMCbuntu.
I saw this same thing with my previous MythTV install when I upgraded the XBMC frontend from Dharma to Eden. Since that time I upgraded the MythTV from 0.23+fixes to 0.25 (Mythbuntu 12.04) and now can't get XBMC to work with Myth recordings... Are you compiling the PVR branch or is regular Eden working for you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delay on commercial skip0