[Release] Universal Scraper for Music Albums

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
papampi Offline
would be amazing if we could add our own MusicBrainz serverip:port in config,
for those who has local MusicBrainz server, so it fetch from our local server and put less load on musicbrainz.org

Proud xbmp/xbmc user since early days of 1st gen xbox

XBMC on :
Raspberry Pi2 : Openelec
Tronsmart S89 : Openelec
Atv1 + Crystall HD : Openelec
Raspberry Pi : Openelec
Xios DS - Linux the-hydra
ubuntu , 1st gen xbox, JB Atv2, Ouya, ...
(This post was last modified: 2015-05-08 14:51 by papampi.)
find quote
BlackRose Offline
Hello folks,

Quick question. Why is the Universal Scraper re-scrapping my entire Music Library and replacing my high quality embedded album artwork with low-res variants. I remember using the scraper fine in the early days of Kodi, and it detected I had already scrapped albums and simply scraping new albums I added. Universal Scraper for Music artists detects my artists just fine.

Any thoughts?
find quote
BlackRose Offline
(2015-09-02 12:13)BlackRose Wrote:  Hello folks,

Quick question. Why is the Universal Scraper re-scrapping my entire Music Library and replacing my high quality embedded album artwork with low-res variants. I remember using the scraper fine in the early days of Kodi, and it detected I had already scrapped albums and simply scraping new albums I added. Universal Scraper for Music artists detects my artists just fine.

Any thoughts?

No comment, sad. Sorry I have been patient. Just a slight bump to anyone who can help.
(This post was last modified: 2015-09-08 18:05 by BlackRose.)
find quote
evilhamster Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Blackrose:
What did you do before it started rescrapping your Music Library, did you upgrade kodi version or do you know what could have triggered the rescan? Was it only embedded artwork that was replaced or was it also other artworks?
find quote
DarkHelmet Offline
Fan
I'm using 15.1 final and I'm getting an error at startup: "Universal album scraper. Addon is not compatible due to unmet conditions. Should it be deactivated?" or something like that (I'm using the German translation). Am I the only one or is it a general problem?

I get the same error messages for theAudiodb Album Scraper and the Universal Artist scraper.
find quote
A-Swiss Offline
Donor
Rescraping all music content:
Album Scraping is incredible slow with Kodi 15.2 Final...
It took around 5 hours from 0-D E-Z will take probably 1 week or so.

this was never slow like this - when created the SQL DB First time - i took about 8 hours to scan all album.

Any ideas? I tried also with a new local DB - scannig is also very slow..

My Equipment:
HTPC (i7 Ivy 3.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) Windows 10 with Isengard 15.2 & Central SQL DB (Maria DB)
AVR Pioneer SC-LX79, TV Samsung UE55ES8000, BD Panasonic DMP-BDT500, & Pioneer BD180, Speaker JAMO Concert 10 Series (C109, C10 Center, C10 Surr.)
NAS Synology DS1812+ / DX-510 (8x3 TB, 5x6TB in RAID5+)
(This post was last modified: 2015-10-26 22:16 by A-Swiss.)
find quote
cw-kid Offline
Posting Freak
Hi

Is anyone else having issues with this scraper and album ratings not being populated always?

Scraper is set to use MusicBrainz for ratings.

Example album:

Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory?

On MusicBrainz site here it has a Release Group Rating of 4 stars.

I just added this album to Kodi Isengard / MYSQL and when looking at this albums info page there is no album rating being displayed. I also tried refreshing the album a few times in Kodi.

I then removed the Oasis album, cleaned the library and later added it back in and this time it has got an album rating OK. But the rating showing in Kodi is 3 and not 4 stars as on the MusicBrainz site.

I also just added The Beatles - 1 and this one didn't get a rating, yet there is a rating on the MusicBrainz page for this album here.

Seems a bit hit and miss if you get an album rating showing or not ?

Thanks

The Media Center Blog
The Digital Lifestyle
Authorised Euro Z-wave dealer contact for bespoke prices!
find quote