• 1(current)
TheAudioDB.com - The Open Audio Database (wiki-based, register and contribute)
Information 
Here we go again people....

Here's a new user contribution site for Audio data and Artwork.

https://www.theaudiodb.com

Why
There is a TV, Movie and Games database, I always wanted to complete the set with an Audio Resource. I've been involved in both thetvdb and themoviedb for a few years so guessed it was time for something new. There are already some great sites for Music Data resources but they just didn't do it for me. Musicbrainz and Discogs are too complicated in my opinion, and Allmusic is very commercial. The idea of TheAudioDB.com is to create something as simple and easy to use as possible.

What
We allow Artists, Albums, Tracks and music videos to be added. We don't allow Singles (EDIT: we now allow singles) or Bootlegs to keep things simple. Genre's are based on a Main style, then a Genre. We do allow Studio Produced Albums, Official Live Albums and Live Music DVD's.

How?
Just like the other sites, its based on user contributions, Just sign up and start working on the database items. There is an import function from music brainz for new Artists and Albums. Just find out the MusicBrainz ID for the Artist or the release group for the Albums and you can add to TADB with very little effort. Hopefully this will keep the database consistent and easy to use. All users can update specific details for an Artist, Album or Track once its been added. You can also "Love" any item which should produce some nice charts over time. If a particular record is thought to have been completed I guess we will lock it in the fullness of time to prevent abuse.

I strongly encourage all users to upload artwork to http://Fanart.TV before adding any new Artists or Albums, that way we can keep the artwork all in one place. It will be Imported Automatically but cant be done at a later date.

API
Yep fast simple JSON, all details here. Just PM me on the forums for your api key.

XBMC Metadata Scrapers
Artist - Scrapes Artist pictures and details
Album - Scrapes Album Cover, Details and BBC Review
Music Video - Scrapes Youtube Music Videos for a song

Development
Any user feature requests either post them here or on the sites forums.

Credits
Massive thanks to fanart.tv and MusicBrainz. Especially Kode and Martijn for the ideas and providing the artwork hosting.
Major Feature Additions

[x] Added Top 5 Tracks for each artist based on votes [21/jun/12]
[x] Add Artist by Name [23/jun/12]
[x] Added multi fanart [23/jun/12]
[x] Added stats page for full database statistics [26/jun/12]
[x] Added youtube music videos [27/jun/12]
It's definitely more aesthetically pleasing than MusicBrainz!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
This is awsome and is a very need db, allmusic is too much comercial
i will start upload info as soon as i can.
Site is now officially live after an announcement on the facebook feed. Thanks to all the new users.

Just need people to start updating the bio's and artist facts now.

Most fanart, logos, thumbs and album covers should already be done.
Great site, great work. When I tried to add "Jane's addition" in the add artist bit, this happened:
Code:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file C:/inetpub/theaudiodb/addsearch.php on line 56: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file C:/inetpub/theaudiodb/addsearch.php on line 50: simplexml_load_file(http://www.musicbrainz.org/ws/2/artist/?query=artist:jane/'s addiction&limit=20) [function.simplexml-load-file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! <html>
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file C:/inetpub/theaudiodb/addsearch.php on line 50: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity "http://www.musicbrainz.org/ws/2/artist/?query=artist:jane/'s addiction&limit=20"
I'm assuming this is due to the apostrophe as "janes addiction" worked fine Smile

Again, awesome site.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Is there an xbmc scrapper for this site?
(2012-07-06, 19:07)rcrh Wrote: Is there an xbmc scrapper for this site?

Not yet
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-07-06, 19:07)rcrh Wrote: Is there an xbmc scrapper for this site?

There will be, but in the mean time it would be good if everyone could help filling out the wikipedia details, youtube links and uploading album covers.
I agree - though I recon you should announce it on the front page so more people hear about it (and fill it in) before a scraper is made.

Also a good way of finding artists that have missing information is the stats part: http://theaudiodb.com/stats

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
We've been working hard on the site recently to get the API ready and add new features. Heres a quick summary:

- Album Reviews from the BBC
- Next/Back Arrows on tracks and albums to quickly traverse items
- Music Videos
- Music Video API methods
- Music Brainz API methods
- Artwork quality checking
- Love tracks, Albums or Artists
- An XBMC Artist scraper is now available in the official repo

Also thanks to the regular users who have been ramping up the edits recently. We couldn't do it without you guys. Over 5,000 edits in the last week! Amazing!

Still hoping for more people to love tracks, and add the youtube music videos.
Is there any meta grabbers that support this website, it looks awesome
Added two missing artist, So easy to use.
(2012-07-13, 07:52)AaronG85 Wrote: Is there any meta grabbers that support this website, it looks awesome
Added two missing artist, So easy to use.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136051
the http://www.theaudiodb.com/ site is great, really easy to use.

I think it would be even better if you have a global search box next to the home button.

Currently if I perform a search, I then have to click back or home to get to a screen when I can perform another search.
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
The site should consider adding movie soundtracks.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheAudioDB.com - The Open Audio Database (wiki-based, register and contribute)2