New Build e350, silverstone LC19
Wink 
Silverstone LC19R in Black
ASRock E350M1 with 4GB Kingston Valuram
Cheapy Lite-on low profile DVD

And a 1tb hard drive (probably from ebay)

Not an earth-shattering build, but nice and slim, relatively quiet, to be used for light streaming (icefilms etc) and ripping music to internal drive. Will sit in an open hifi rack so don't think extra cooling will be needed.

Will also add an RF Rii Mini Keyboard I have lying around. Total build cost around £250.

Planning to run Openelec. Anyone foresee any problems?
(2012-07-03, 14:25)nikc0069 Wrote: Silverstone LC19R in Black

Not an earth-shattering build, but nice and slim, relatively quiet, to be used for light streaming (icefilms etc) and ripping music to internal drive. Will sit in an open hifi rack so don't think extra cooling will be needed.

Will also add an RF Rii Mini Keyboard I have lying around. Total build cost around £250.

Its a nice case but big for a mini-itx build, if you want small I can recommend the Akasa Crypto for the E350M1 (I have this setup) as long as you use a 2.5" HDD and the Akasa is cheaper.

Have you checked OpenELEC's support for AMD GPU's as the last time I looked it was flaky at best.

David

HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
That case comes with one fan - Move it so it exhausts and is as near as possible to the CPU. Then use some thick paper/thin cardboard to build some air channels so the fan pulls the air directly from the CPU. The case is so shallow that cooling can be a problem, but moving the fan works wonders.
Hoping the size of the case will allow greater airflow. It's going with other hifi size units so size should be ok. Openelec support might be a bit iffy thought thought it had improved on recent builds.
(2012-07-03, 14:25)nikc0069 Wrote: Silverstone LC19R in Black

Do you REALLY need a hard disk? My E350 runs openELEC Fusion build from a SD card. In absence of internal SD Card reader on your mobo, you can use flash disk, this will save your setup from extra heat from hard disk. Am not sure about ripping music however.

It is a build for my parents so they won't be running a server. Otherwise I'd stick an SSD in there but I think they will want a big library on the actual box. They have an ATV2 in the other room and this will leave a spare one so when the ios5 jb is out it would be nice for this machine to serve the media too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Build e350, silverstone LC190