(2012-07-22 22:35)Ersan Wrote: I understand that hardware decoding isn't quite there yet, but I'm trying to decide between getting these and a full HTPC (I bought several raspberry pi's because of the hype and they are just idiotically slow, and can't decode DTS audio without stuttering)
1. Will the Pivos DS support hardware MPEG2 ts decoding @ 20mbps (live USA HD broadcast) in XBMC in the future or is there a licensing issue like on RPi?
2. Would the Pivos DS be able to do hardware deinterlacing on the above stream?
3. Is there a PVR branch that will run on android at the moment?
4. How fast is the UI? Youtube videos have low framerates so I can't really tell - would I be able to run more intense skins than confluence without issue?
Thanks in advance.
1) It supports MPEG2 right now. It is properly licensed. If you have a small snippet of stream I can post a 720p youtube video of it running (sorry, i cant capture at 1080 with my current card). I have run it as high as 26mbit off of local storage.
3) Since the android branch itself just came out, probably not yet.
4) UI runs quite fast. You can see it fairly well in one of my videos, but in real life its much smoother than the videos show.