Silent/Fanless HTPC Solution?
I've been recently thinking about building another HTPC to replace my old one. One of my main concerns with my old machine is the amount of noise it produces and this something I wanted to avoid when I build my new system.

Therefore, I have been looking at the Asus AT5IONT-I or Asus AT5IONT-I Deluxe.

Obviously these would greatly reduce the amount of noise produced but I have read online about issues with the motherboard overheating and suddenly shutting down.

Can anyone who has used the above motherboard tell me what they have done in terms of keeping it cool or does anyone have any suggestions for other fanless motherboards?
Hi,

in my experience there is no need of spending much money for expensive fanless hardware.You can buy high quality cooling solutions for less money which are absolutly not hearable. (e.g. the Scythe Big Shuriken 2)
I'm using this setup: http://geizhals.de/eu/?cat=WL-220627 and I can't hear anything.

Cheers,
Jusic
At $180,..this combo CPU and MOBO seem a bit pricey to me.

A friend had this board and was told to use the 100mm Scythe Kaze Jyu Slim.
He initially tried running with only a case fan but the system was constantly shutting down from overheating.
Noticed I said "had",..he eventually got fed up with overheating and RMA'd it back.

I suppose he felt that if this was built to be fanless,..then why in the world should he have to purchase a CPU fan.

But this is only one opinion,...see if any one else chimes in.
Build the one linked in my .sig - fanless, silent, rock solid.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Silent/Fanless HTPC Solution?0